Compact Carry 45

PDA

nebeel
June 2, 2012, 05:06 PM
Thought I would check here and see what the consensus was on 3 pistols that I'm considering.

I'm looking at possibly a Bersa Thunder Ultra Carry (45ACP), EAA Witness Compact (45ACP), or an HK USP 45c.

I definitely know that I want a hammer fired pistol that is fairly concealable to use as an EDC. The HK would be nice I know, but is definitely in a different price range altogether than the EAA or Bersa.

What would you pick out of the three, or would there be another option that I'm not thinking of?

If you enjoyed reading about "Compact Carry 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KenW.
June 2, 2012, 05:22 PM
1911s can be had in 3 inch.

mmay1
June 2, 2012, 05:38 PM
Of the 3 mentioned, I prefer the HK. It is in a different price range but you get what you pay for, in my opinion. I did trade by HK USPC for a really good deal on a new ArmaLite AR-15 but I carried it a lot when I owned it. I now carry either a 3" or 4" Kimber.

nebeel
June 2, 2012, 05:38 PM
1911s can be had in 3 inch.
Yeah, I'd rather have something in Single/Double action though.

MCgunner
June 2, 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm really wanting a PT145, but it's not a hammer fired gun. Of the three.....probably Bersa. Great rep on that gun and I could afford one. I've been there, done that with 1911s and got the T shirt. I'll let the Jeff Cooper wannabes have all they want. :D

Manson
June 2, 2012, 06:06 PM
In that group I think (just a humble opinion) the H&K stands alone. It's the only one of the three I'd consider.

dubya450
June 2, 2012, 06:29 PM
I almost bought the hk until I rented it but I'd still take it of the three mentioned. Of any I'd get the glock 36 or kimber ultra. But considering you prefer a single/double action I'd wait for the fnx-45 compact to come out.

badger54
June 2, 2012, 07:01 PM
As you want a single or double action I would go with the HK hands down. If your open to DAO check out the Springfield XDm 3.8 45acp that is a sweet concealable .45

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

nebeel
June 2, 2012, 07:26 PM
...considering you prefer a single/double action I'd wait for the fnx-45 compact to come out.
That would be GREAT if FN came out with a compact fnx-45! I've really wanted to pick one of the full sized ones up, so a compact would make a lot of sense.

340PD
June 2, 2012, 07:35 PM
Kimber Ultra CDP II

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/UltraCarryCDPII.jpg

56hawk
June 2, 2012, 07:36 PM
Of the 3 mentioned, I prefer the HK. It is in a different price range but you get what you pay for, in my opinion.

Ditto. I have the full size USP and it's by far the best 45ACP I've shot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Compact Carry 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!