Another Swiss pistol for the stable

PDA

Ash
June 6, 2012, 06:49 PM
In addition to a Swiss-made CZ-75, ASAI One Pro (designed to compete in the SOCOM pistol trials) and an original model AT-84, I just picked up an AT-84s.

All four pistols are based on the CZ-75 (or in the case of one, IS a CZ-75). The Swiss really like the design.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Swiss pistol for the stable" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluethunder1962
June 6, 2012, 06:51 PM
Cool gun.

hAkron
June 6, 2012, 10:46 PM
Very nice!

tekarra
June 8, 2012, 07:06 PM
Where do you find those pistols? I sure would like to even see a One Pro let alone shoot one.

Ash
June 8, 2012, 08:49 PM
Each of them came from Gunbroker. I just keep up the hunt dailly.

Walt Sherrill
June 8, 2012, 11:11 PM
I've had an ASAI One Pro -- the lightest, slickest factory trigger I've ever experienced. It was so light on the first shot, I frequently double-tapped by accident. I eventually sold it (bad decision) because I could never master the trigger. If I had it now, I'd work a little harder on mastering that trigger.

I also have a marvelous AT-84s supposedly built by Jim Boland, a big-name gunsmith during the 80s and 90s (and on into the first decade of this century.) I have no proof that he did the work, but it looks like other guns I know he did, and its simply the best pistol I've owned -- better in nearly every respect than even a P-210-6 I once owned.

As noted, the AT-84 is a true CZ clone, while the AT-84s, while close, is really based on the Tanfoglio version of the CZ design. I've had a couple of AT-84s guns, and I really like them.

I've also had a couple of Sphinx pistols (2000 series); that should be your next acquisition. Also Swiss-made and exceptional.

Ash
June 9, 2012, 08:00 AM
The Swiss more-or-less settled on Tanfoglio's improvements to the CZ design with the 84s and made a pistol that proves the design is sound. I imagine the trigger on yours is as smooth as any auto can possibly have. I've seen an 84s that was gunsmith tuned and it was a work of art.

PabloJ
June 9, 2012, 09:35 AM
In addition to a Swiss-made CZ-75, ASAI One Pro (designed to compete in the SOCOM pistol trials) and an original model AT-84, I just picked up an AT-84s.

All four pistols are based on the CZ-75 (or in the case of one, IS a CZ-75). The Swiss really like the design.
That is a good one. What is even more interesting its made in same barrio of Thun Switzerland as 9x19 Ruag Ammotec available at some Walmarts at $12.97/50. Now that is just precious. Wee, wee.

dcarch
June 9, 2012, 06:15 PM
Are these still manufactured?

Walt Sherrill
June 9, 2012, 08:46 PM
CZ-75s (not 75B), AT-84, AT-84s, and ASAI One Pros are no longer made. You can find them used. The Sphinx line is still made, but the latest ones are a newer series and VERY expensive (as is suitable for custom and semi-custom guns.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Swiss pistol for the stable" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!