More on Aurora stop

PDA

browningguy
June 6, 2012, 06:52 PM
So an earlier thread got locked, apparantly the poster didn't know how to post a link to the video.

Since I believe this is a huge violation of civil rights and the cops went way overboard I'll post it again. You can see one of the cops covering the innocent drivers with his finger on the trigger. It seems that the people involved didn't realize they had any rights at all and allowed the cops to search their vehicles.

Video from news (http://news.yahoo.com/video/denvercbs4-15750663/bystanders-pulled-from-cars-cuffed-during-search-for-bank-robber-29545718.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fdenvercbs4-15750663%252Fbystanders-pulled-from-cars-cuffed-during-search-for-bank-robber-29545718.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "More on Aurora stop" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
June 6, 2012, 07:15 PM
Doesn't sound firearms-related, so it'll probably get locked. Though I personally believe that firearms and civil rights go hand-in-hand.

robMaine
June 6, 2012, 07:33 PM
I can just say, some people are probably going to make a lot of money settling out of court. Additionally, the officer with his finger on the trigger needs to lose his job, or be sent to desk duty immediately, and until he can prove he understands proper trigger protocol

Magoo
June 6, 2012, 07:41 PM
I watched it, paused it, rewound it, rewatched it several times. While his trigger finger is clearly not indexed properly I don't think you can say for sure his finger is actually on the trigger from the angle we see. Also, you can't see what he is pointing the gun at. How do you know it was pointing at an innocent bystander and not, say, the tires of the "alleged" bankrobber's SUV?

Robert
June 6, 2012, 07:48 PM
Doesn't sound firearms-related, so it'll probably get locked.
Bingo. People do stupid things with guns everyday. Even cops. But just because a news story has guns in it does not make it something appropriate for THR.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=472825

If you enjoyed reading about "More on Aurora stop" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!