help chrome/nickel plating 1911 parts

PDA

InnerVision
June 8, 2012, 09:05 AM
Im wanting to refinish my safety switch, grip safety,and hammer on my kimber custom II....
What is my best option?...hard chrome?np3?....should i just send the parts to robar?...

Or...can i get drop in replacement parts already finished that will fit my Kimber?

If you enjoyed reading about "help chrome/nickel plating 1911 parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
C0untZer0
June 8, 2012, 09:15 AM
What finish is on the slide and frame?

BTW, Robar's newest finish is Poly-T2, it's a tougher finish than NP3+ but has slightly less lubricity.

Snowdog
June 8, 2012, 08:52 PM
My Kimber Classic Custom (series 1) was sent to EABCO for their French Grey a while ago... perhaps in 2000 or so. It's held up wonderfully overall. The only issue is that the finish didn't take as well to the barrel bushing as there was some slight discoloration.
I'm glad it's held up as I really dig the looks of it. NP3 or the like should take well to your Kimber.

If you enjoyed reading about "help chrome/nickel plating 1911 parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!