EMP experience

PDA

floydster
June 8, 2012, 04:11 PM
Doing some test loads in my Springfield EMP loading five rounds at a time, after about fifty rounds I loaded the mag with another five rounds, shot three and when I touched off the fourth round it fired the last two rounds full auto, made one heck of a bang. Did a field strip, the gun was fine, did a close inspection, fired another 100 rounds without incident. The gun has about 500 rounds fired.
I have been shooting pistols for long time,first time anything like this.

Thoughts?.. Thanks, Floyd. It is a 9mm

If you enjoyed reading about "EMP experience" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9mmepiphany
June 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
Since it worked for 52 rounds before and 100 rounds after the incident...plus you didn't find anything broken when you field stripped it...I'd go with the simplest answer. You either prepped too hard or you didn't control the trigger bounce

76shuvlinoff
June 8, 2012, 07:55 PM
or you didn't control the trigger bounce

That has happened to me a couple times on a light triggered 1911. Spooked me good.

skt239
June 8, 2012, 08:17 PM
Just curious, why were you only loading 5 at a time?

Fremmer
June 8, 2012, 09:41 PM
That just means you're learning where the trigger breaks, lol! :D

floydster
June 9, 2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys,yup, I Think it was operator error, my first 1911.
This gun is amazingly accurate--reason for only loading five rounds at a time,
I was testing different loads in 15 round lots.
Tens of thousands of rounds down range and still learning:)

If you enjoyed reading about "EMP experience" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!