Question about magwell extension for 1911.

PDA

InnerVision
June 9, 2012, 12:21 PM
Does one have to buy the mainspring housing/magwell as a whole? or is just the mag well available to connect to an existing mainspring housing?

I want an extension on my Kimber custom two...but I was hoping to keep my stock mainspring housing intact. My kimber is black, and I want the MS housing to remain black with the magwell ext being stainless/chrome for a two tone look.

Can I purchase just the mag well somewhere that will fit my kimber?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about magwell extension for 1911." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
June 9, 2012, 02:41 PM
Try the Wilson.

rduckwor
June 9, 2012, 09:49 PM
Like 1K said, buy the Wilson that hangs on over the two lower grip bushings. Buy some blue lok-tite for the two bushings you have to R&R to mount the magwell.

RMD

RH45
June 10, 2012, 07:11 AM
I have some of the Wilson's that hang on the grip bushings, and if you're not looking for a huge magwell, it is about the best value out there, but, if you have wooden grips you have to be carefull that you don't crack them. You can always take a Dremal tool, and take a little wood off the inside of the grip so you know that you won't have any problems.

I MAY have an extra one around here somewhere, that I replaced with a bigger magwell. If you're interested in a Wilson, contact me, and I'll look for it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about magwell extension for 1911." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!