Uncommon Swiss Ammo

PDA

Tired_and_hungry
June 10, 2012, 01:40 AM
Today, a range acquaintence offerred to sell me 500 rounds of swiss defence ammunition. The ammo has been sealed in an ammo can with dessicant for the last ten years and the rounds look pristine. He is asking for the equivalent of $205 for the whole lot.

The boxes and rounds look exactly like that pictured in the attached file.

Is this good stuff or junk? Should I fork out the cash to buy it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncommon Swiss Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PabloJ
June 10, 2012, 01:52 AM
Today, a range acquaintence offerred to sell me 500 rounds of swiss defence ammunition. The ammo has been sealed in an ammo can with dessicant for the last ten years and the rounds look pristine. He is asking for the equivalent of $205 for the whole lot.

The boxes and rounds look exactly like that pictured in the attached file.

Is this good stuff or junk? Should I fork out the cash to buy it?
Yes. Ruag Action 4 SXF is good monolithic slug with insert giving excellent expansion w/o overpenetration.

351 WINCHESTER
June 10, 2012, 10:04 PM
Why does that remind me of the Geco BAT?

Jim Watson
June 11, 2012, 12:15 AM
You mean what besides the bullet design and the Geco trademark on the box?
All Those People are in cahoots.

JohnBT
June 11, 2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah, it's the same company.

www.ruag.com/Ammotec/Defence_and_Law_Enforcement/9x19/Deformation_ammunition

From the ammo page you can get to the Ammotec home page. Here's the company history:

www.ruag.com/Ammotec/Ammotec_Home/History

HGUNHNTR
June 11, 2012, 09:51 AM
The Swiss don't make junk ammo.

Fishbed77
June 11, 2012, 05:09 PM
I miss the Geco ammo. I used to find it in 9mm regularly at my local Sportman's Warehouse (up until early 2011). It was cheap, accurate, had great brass, and went bang every time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncommon Swiss Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!