Ak scope question

PDA

Beav
February 20, 2004, 05:02 PM
I've noticed that some of the side scope mounts for AKs aren't exactly over the top and centered with the rifle but rather hanging off the side a little. How does this affect the accuracy? Wouldn't this affect accuracy (horizontally) the more you move away from zero?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ak scope question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
son of a gun
February 20, 2004, 06:36 PM
That's an interesting question that I would like to hear an answer to, you can compensate for the scope being an inch or so above the barrel may be you compensate on horizontal axis alignment also ?

Dave R
February 20, 2004, 09:49 PM
Well, on my AK the scope (a PSO-1v) is only slightly off-center of the bore axis. The difference between the scope center and bore center is probably les than 1/2 inch, while the vertical offset is more like 2".

So when I'm zeroed at 100, and I shoot at 200, I suppose there is thoretically a shift to the side as well as the bullet drop. But its so slight that I have never been able to notice it. I think you would have exceed the accuracy potential of an AK to notice it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ak scope question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!