dry neck lube

PDA

winterhorse290
June 13, 2012, 04:33 PM
i tried the graghite stuff, big mess, black fingers. havn,t got around to ordering the motor mica stuff and was wondering.
would powdered soapstone work for now? anybody ever try it?

If you enjoyed reading about "dry neck lube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Doug b
June 13, 2012, 07:31 PM
I use mica but I'm thinking soapstone might work better.If you used the round pencil type instead of powder you could lube the bottom of the neck were the expander first engages the neck.Great idea give it a try and let us know.

rcmodel
June 13, 2012, 07:35 PM
I use a nylon or bronze bore brush rolled lightly on a RCBS case lube pad.

No fuss, no muss, no bother.

rc

kelbro
June 14, 2012, 12:00 AM
I use a nylon or bronze bore brush rolled lightly on a RCBS case lube pad.

Wouldn't you have to tumble again this way?

Blue68f100
June 14, 2012, 02:53 PM
The soap stone may be abrasive, where the mica is a lube. Baby powder any one....

I use the Mica with the beads.

rcmodel
June 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't you have to tumble again this way? No, the bristle brush transfers a very small amount of lube inside the case neck. Just enough to prevent squeaky expanding.

Then the expander button pulls what ever small amount is there out when you size the case.

rc

winterhorse290
June 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
didn,t think about the expander removing the lube. cool. back to the nylon brush and rcbs lube.

thanks for all the comments

zxcvbob
June 14, 2012, 05:35 PM
Talcum powder works

JohnM
June 14, 2012, 05:38 PM
Soapstone = talc.

edfardos
June 14, 2012, 09:40 PM
#2 pencil, draw a line around the inside of every other neck

Fatelvis
June 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
I've tried a few different methods and found Imperial's dry neck lube by far is the best. No need to look any further!
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/892537/imperial-dry-neck-lube-application-media-1-oz

Maj Dad
June 16, 2012, 07:05 PM
I've tried several ways, including one of those boxes with brushes and mica, and in practical terms, rc's brush rolled on a lube pad is simplest & works fine. It's KISS at its finest... :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "dry neck lube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!