XDS, quick range trip

PDA

Bush Pilot
June 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
Purchased a Springfield XDS yesterday and couldn't wait for Saturday. A friend met me at the range and we only had enough time to shoot 30 rounds.
This gun is really fun to shoot, the recoil is less than I anticipated and the sights were quite user friendly. FWIW, all 30 shots went inside a 3" circle (offhand, 7 yards) I realize this isn't match shooting, it's more than accurate enough for a carry weapon. There will be more time to play tomorrow.

If you enjoyed reading about "XDS, quick range trip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wbwanzer
June 15, 2012, 07:40 PM
Congrats on your new pistol. :D

Monster Zero
June 15, 2012, 07:48 PM
Can you compare it to the bigger XD 45? I tried one of those one day and it was frankly amazing.

If the XDS is anything like it, only smaller, I lust for one.

gunnutter
June 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
IMO that XDS may be the as close to a perfect carry pistol as you can get. Congrats!

SKILCZ
June 20, 2012, 12:02 AM
Aren't the ballistics of .45 ACP significantly hampered out of a 3.3" barrel? Seems a lot of the benefit of the caliber would be lost on barrel length. But on paper it sounds like a great concept otherwise.

deputy tom
June 21, 2012, 05:19 PM
OP don't worry it isn't a match gun. LOL. I am green with envy. tom.:D

Bush Pilot
June 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
Update. Have taken the gun out a couple more times since the original post, probably close to 200 rounds fired in total. This thing gets better on every trip. BTW, don't buy one and expect to be left alone at the range, this thing is a magnet for anyone within earshot that hears "XDS". If ammo allows I let the gawkers shoot a few rounds, nothing but smiles.

If you enjoyed reading about "XDS, quick range trip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!