AR15 trigger problems

PDA

CGRifleman
June 19, 2012, 04:14 PM
A friend of mine installed a Rock River Arms 2-stage trigger in his Sig M400. He claims the selector lever does not allow the clearance for the sear to disengage, so the gun won't fire. Has anyone else experienced these problems with aftermarket triggers in the Sig? How can it be remedied?

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 trigger problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
adelbridge
June 19, 2012, 04:52 PM
so you are saying it is stuck on safe?

CGRifleman
June 19, 2012, 05:08 PM
Yes, that is what I meant. I was thinking mechanically. Sorry for the confusion.

Casefull
June 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
He will need some custom fitting.

briansmithwins
June 19, 2012, 06:29 PM
Send it back before he tinkers himself out of a warrenty claim.

BSW

taliv
June 19, 2012, 06:35 PM
Any chance he put the selector in backwards?

Pat M
June 19, 2012, 06:54 PM
I had a similar problem with a Rock River 2-stage that a friend bought but never installed. I sent it back to them with a note and had a new one in about a week.

ApacheCoTodd
June 19, 2012, 09:36 PM
Not unusual. Return it.

For us... what lower receiver and who's safety?

CGRifleman
June 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
It's a Sig Sauer M400 lower and safety, for reference. The RRA trigger is actually a few years old and has been in and out of a couple lowers, so a warranty is doubtful, but it had worked flawlessly for hundreds of rounds in the rifle it was in before this one. I found a spare RRA selector switch I forgot I had, so we'll swap it out with the Sig one and see if that works.
Thank you all for your help!

madcratebuilder
June 20, 2012, 06:17 AM
This is not a uncommon problem. Two solutions, mod the safety selector to fit, or mod the trigger to fit. Safety selectors are $8, the RRA trigger is $80, choose wisely.

ApacheCoTodd
June 20, 2012, 10:10 AM
The problem I've had with RRA NM triggers is that they have all eventually gone south on the disconnector-trigger interface. I've been OK with it as I see them as a relatively temporary installation and love the performance while it works.

I usually get one life extension outa them by addressing the interface but let 'em go after that. The cost of them relative to good ammunition and given what life I do get outa them makes them a worthwhile though by no means a permanent fit for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 trigger problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!