M16 in Africa

PDA

ccaleb67
June 19, 2012, 05:30 PM
Is the M16 used by any countrys in Africa?

If you enjoyed reading about "M16 in Africa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JHenry
June 19, 2012, 05:34 PM
as an army issue im not sure but im willing to bet the second most popular assualt rifle in the world has made its way to Africa one way or another

Dr.Rob
June 19, 2012, 05:38 PM
Camerooon, Congo, Egypt (small numbers) Morrocco, Uganda, Liberia, Senegal, Somalia and South Africa have all officially used a varient at one time or another.

Fishbed77
June 19, 2012, 05:44 PM
See below. There are quite a few African nations listed as users of the M16.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle#Users

txgunsuscg
June 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
I've seen M16s in pretty much every country I've trained in, including African states, usually in the minority next to a bunch of AKs. I even saw a Vietnam era leftover when training in Cambodia once, but that's another story.

RPRNY
June 19, 2012, 10:51 PM
I wad fired on by several M16 in Rwanda but we still don't know who it was shooting at us. But the three other times I was shot at in Africa and the one time I was held at gunpoint, it was all AK.

Sebastian the Ibis
June 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
I even saw a Vietnam era leftover when training in Cambodia once, but that's another story.

I think I may have seen this same gun!

txgunsuscg
June 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
I think I may have seen this same gun!
I'll have to post pics when I get home today. I had the pics up for a while on AR15.com...

If you enjoyed reading about "M16 in Africa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!