Lee Micrometer Adjustable Charge Bar

PDA

lonewolf5347
June 19, 2012, 08:28 PM
I just purchased the upgrade kit powder tube with the brass screws and the Adjustable Charge bar
I find using Clay's powder the Charge bar doesn't meter well I will have to go back to the disk I find works excellent

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Micrometer Adjustable Charge Bar" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joecil
June 19, 2012, 09:14 PM
I have 3 of them, get one every time I update my Lee powder feed to the round hopper with on/off ability. At any rate they warn about some powders and settings as well as advise to open out all the way and set on turning it in. Not sure since I've yet to use one as the disks so far have worked great for the powders I use. Perhaps when I open the Bullseye I will give it a try but already have a lot of factory ammo to shoot up first.

dragon813gt
June 19, 2012, 09:17 PM
I have one. Don't ever use it. The discs work just fine. The micro disc works great for small and fine tuning charges.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

area51
June 19, 2012, 09:34 PM
I don't use it either...

kingmt
June 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
It works OK with larger charges but not so well with small charges because the whole isn't centered. I like the disk better myself.

dickttx
June 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
Bought a half dozen of them sometime back because they were on sale for like $6.05. I had not used them till recently. The disks are extremely consistent and I normally just use the closest disk to what I want.
However, in working up some new loads for a new cartridge, I needed something in between the disk holes as a test. I set one up for 5.3gn of HP38 and got the same consistency as with the disk. I was surprised at the consistency because the hole in the ACB covered part of the drop hole. HP38 does pretty much flow like water though. Might not be the same for other powders.
My idea is not to keep adjusting them, but to find an in between weight that I want to use and keep them there, maybe with fingernail polish or LocTite.

Hondo 60
June 21, 2012, 08:39 PM
^^^^^^ what kingmt said.

Oldgoat03
June 21, 2012, 09:08 PM
I have a Lee adjustable powder charge bar and it works great for nearly all my pistol loads (.45ACP, .40S&W, 38 Spl, 9mm). It does not do well for small charges for our .380 ACPs. For small charges under 3.5gr I use the Leed "micro disc" and it is great. I may still use the other discs at some point but for everything larger than 3.5 gr I use the adjustable and it is very consistent once dialed in.

1SOW
June 22, 2012, 02:35 AM
With 3.9 to 4.2 grs of n320 (small rod powder) my drops were not consistent. I did use it (weighing every drop) to work up a load, then modified a disc hole to match. It worked fine for that. It hangs in a plastic bag on a nail very well.

squarles67
June 22, 2012, 09:47 AM
Same here, doesn't work well for small charges. Micro Disc works well though

jcwit
June 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
I agree, the Micro Disk is the way to go for small charges.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Micrometer Adjustable Charge Bar" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!