NO 1

PDA

wapiti921
June 20, 2012, 09:52 PM
Just got a new ruger no 1 in 25-06, my favorite by the way. How can I adjust the trigger pull on my own or can I? THX JEFF

If you enjoyed reading about "NO 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexasPatriot.308
June 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
I got a few No. 1s, Ruger advises you not to fool with it, but for a rifle that expensive I take it to a gunsmith that has the right tools, the right feel to adjust a trigger. it can be done, rebedding, shimming, a few other tricks, but I let my gunsmith do it. My latest Varminter in .22-250 with some help from my gunsmith shoots 3/4" groups.

wapiti921
June 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
Appreciate the info!

Sniper66
June 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
I have a #1 in .204. My brother has several #1s in various calibers. The triggers on our varmint calibers, .204 and .223 have been adjusted by the same gunsmith to a fairly crisp 2 lbs. Just be sure the gunsmith knows what he is doing. My brother had his adjusted by a guy who he didn't know. The guy claimed that single shots were his specialty but, he screwed it up. We had to take it to my gunsmith to fix it.

DoubtingDuck
June 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
I have a couple #1s and I love them. So far I'm tolerating the triggers. Mine are the later style (post 1980 I hear) that are "two screw" models. Earlier ones came with a third adjusting screw. Still, early models often sported replacement Canjar triggers. These are no longer made. I understand there is a set trigger from Europe available and a three screw replacement from Moyers gunsmith in southern Idaho. Good luck! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "NO 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!