Nikon scope on Savage 11 packages at Sportsmans Warehouse

PDA

slowr1der
June 21, 2012, 01:37 AM
A Sportsmans Warehouse has opened up a couple of hours from me. I was in there checking out the store as I was passing by a few days ago. One thing that grabbed my attention was the Savage Model 11 and 111 guns with the accu trigger in a wide array of calibers. What got my attention even more was they had a Nikon BDC scope mounted on top of them. All for $479. Now as I got a closer look, this scope looked identical to my older model Prostaff that I used to have in every aspect except for one. Where the Prostaff I had, said Prostaff around the ring on end of the scope, this was just had a black ring. It was like it didn't have a model name. Is this just a blacked out promotional Prostaff or is a cheaper model Nikon scope? Anyone used these combos before and know anything about them. One in a 260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmore really caught my attention. I wouldn't want the scope that's on it, but I'm just trying to see how much I could sell it off for.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nikon scope on Savage 11 packages at Sportsmans Warehouse" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2ndtimer
June 22, 2012, 03:30 AM
Nikon's Prostaff is their lowest priced available line, and it is now offered with a "BDC" reticle. I presume that it is a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 BDC on the Savage Trophy XL package gun. I have my eye on one in .260 Remington myself. Seems like a bargain, and the scope would be a nice one to put on a rifle to sell...

If you enjoyed reading about "Nikon scope on Savage 11 packages at Sportsmans Warehouse" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!