What do you like and hate about your Kahr?

PDA

Josh45
June 21, 2012, 03:02 PM
I been looking to get a new pistol for carry.
But I was thinking of something that I could possibly carry in pocket.
Is the Kahr CW pistols to big for that? I been really interested in getting one for some time now.

What I would like to know is what do you like and hate about this gun?
Do you still have it or did you sell it and if you did, Why? How has Kahr CS treated you?

I am looking at the Kahr CW45 as that is the round I prefer to carry with me. Just a personal thing, Nothing more.
Also, How was Kahrs customer service if you had to use it?
How hard are spare parts to come by? Expensive?

Basically, Anything you would think of mentioning. And of course, The trigger?

I know this gun was not meant to shoot a lot because I have read a lot of people complain about it hurting their hand after a while. If you have any other options you can think of that would work well in it's place, Let me know.

Thanks for any advice on this pistol

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you like and hate about your Kahr?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
danweasel
June 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
Well I have a CW40.

I like that it's very small and slim but with the extended 7 shot mag it is just big enough to handle. I also like the sights but they are definitely not for everybody (Heine Straight Eights)

I HATE that I can only put 6 rounds in my 7 shot mags or risk feeding issues. And I mean like 50% of the time. I also think that .40 is a bit much for such a small gun. .45 should probably be OK but .40 just feels like it is shocking my hand to death. Oh, also, mags are almost $50.00 which is ridiculous.

Overall I would say look for a used one with a good reputation and test fire it first. Kahrs just seem to vary too much between "best pistol I have ever owned" to "trash" for me to feel comfortable buying one new.

I got mine for free from a guy for storing his truck for a year...

holdencm9
June 21, 2012, 03:43 PM
I love my CW9. It fits my hand great, fits IWB perfectly. I can shoot it relatively accurate. The trigger is nice and smooth, but different. Hard to explain. It just kind of pulls back back back and then the striker is released and bang you have a nice hole in the bullseye (well, some of the time :) ) but I like that it is long for safety while concealed, but not overly heavy. And yeah, I hate the mags too. Trying to get that last round in is a pain, and I don't like the way they tend to nosedive if you cycle slowly, but I am told that is less of an issue with .45. All in all, a great gun!

critter
June 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
I have (and often carry) an MK9. Love the lil gun. It is 100% dependable, very accurate for a little gun and heavy enough to be pleasant to shoot. The heft makes it a little too much for pocket carry unless the pants are compatible with such things. Very comfortable and easy to carry IWB or OWB either, even after a long day. I carry the longer mag for backup.

The trigger is an absolute wonder for clean and smooth. BEST DA type trigger I've found.

gb6491
June 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have a CW9 and a CW45. While they will fit in some pockets, I don't consider them "pocket guns". You would probably be better served by a "CM/PM" series Kahr for that role. I like the size, weight, ergonomics, and accuracy of my Kahrs. The CW9 has always been reliable; the CW45 needed some work in that regards, but is now reliable. I did not like that the OEM front sight is made of plastic and held on by two posts that have their ends melted. I've since replaced the front sights on mine with metal ones.
The trigger is long, but smooth.
Parts are readily available on the Kahr website: http://www.kahr.com/Parts/Parts.asp
FWIW, the CW45 is comparable in size to Officer's/Compact size, 1911 style, pistols (the CW45 is lighter and has a slightly shorter OAL):
http://oi39.tinypic.com/1zgqj9j.jpg
Regards,
Greg

Fishbed77
June 21, 2012, 04:21 PM
I have a Kahr CM9 that I have been very pleased with, so my list of likes will be much longer than my list of dislikes. I purchased it in February of this year, and to date, I have put approximately 500 rounds of various types/brands of ammo through it.

-100% reliability out of the box with no break-in period needed. I understand the 9mm Kahrs tend to not give many problems in this respect.

-I like the "straight eight" style sights. They suit this type of handgun well.

-No unnecessary safeties to deal with.

-Very smooth (but longish) double-action-only trigger. Probably the best factory DAO trigger I've encountered.

-Clearly a very well-made and well-finished pistol. The feed ramp is polished to a mirror finish, and there are no tool marks to be seen on any of the steel parts. Not bad at all for a pistol that cost me $337 out the door (on sale at Palmetto State Armory).

-Surprisingly soft-shooting and easy to hold, considering the size.

-Small, slim, and easy to carry. Not much to snag on.

-Easy to find parts and accessories for.

-The CM9 doesn't really give anything up to the PM9, which costs hundreds more (except one magazine).

DISLIKES:

-Mine seems to shoot a bit low. Not sure if it is the gun or my shooting style (could be riding/rocking the long trigger). I have since adapted where to hold the sights, so not really an issue.

-Magazines are over-priced (as they are for many firearms in this class), and the CM9 only comes with one.

-The front sight looks a bit chintzy (plastic and pressed/melted into slide). It seems to be holding up fine though, and if I ever have a problem with it, it is easily replaced with the metal night sight that is available for the CW/CM series pistols. Obviously, Glocks, and even higher-quality pistols like Walthers use plastic sights, so I'm definitely nit-picking here.

-The plastic baseplates on the 7-round magazines are flimsy. I broke one from my father's MK9 (same pistol as CM9/PM9, but with steel frame) just by slamming one home pretty hard. Granted, it was almost 10 years old, but I can't tell where the design has changed on the newer magazines.

heeler
June 21, 2012, 04:28 PM
I have not found anything I dislike about my PM9.
The nite sites work well and the pistol is quite accurate.
The one thing I can say that is negative was the extra seven round magazine Kahr supplies with the pistol is a certified lemon.
And will cause a nose dive jam too many times.
This is a well known issue.

I use it as a paper weight and bought an extra standard six round magazine.
And have never once had any sort of malfunction using the standard six round magazines.
I like my Kahrs trigger a lot better than my LCP'S and my KT's P32

Dean1818
June 21, 2012, 04:52 PM
I have a CM9 that fits most pockets

Pros

Small size

Accurate with slow fire

Light weight

Dot the I sights work well

Cons

My biggest complaint is not being able to double tap with the long trigger

Breakin period

Its a good gun...... But..... Not a great gun...... Its fits a role

hardluk1
June 21, 2012, 04:58 PM
My first kahr , a cw9 came used and for sale cheap by a disgruntled owner For me it was so good I bought a new cm9 for pocket carry I do tend to be one that will shoot alot when new to be sure theres not any issues and the cw9 has just over 1200 rounds fire ,the cm9 has 8050 and both have been 100% reliable.

jfrey
June 21, 2012, 05:09 PM
I had a CW9 and it wasn't too bad. It didn't like my reloads and I had to seat the bullets deeper than I like for them to function in the gun. I obviously reload and if any gun won't shoot them, I don't want it. Had a few light primer strikes too. I just never trusted it 100%. I traded it on a G19 and like it better. Last Thursday I got a new S&W M&P Shield. Much better gun all around for me. Shoots my loads like a champ and absolutely no malfunctions. A good friend has a CW9 and CW45. Had some issues with both.

red rick
June 21, 2012, 05:11 PM
P9

Pro's
Slim
Light
Accurate

Con's
Mag release
Can't slingshot the first round
Long ( but smooth ) trigger pull
CS can be questionable

JDGray
June 21, 2012, 05:11 PM
I've been carrying a CW9 for 2 years now, and can tell you its my favorite carry gun. Not a good pocket gun for most people, but great IWB....

2. Smooth trigger
3. Very light
4. Not too small
5. Rapid fire drills are very easy, and you dont notice the long trigger at all
6. Never a jam, with any ammo
7. Recoil is a non issue
8. No manual safety

Dislikes:
1. Slide only holds open 50% of the time
2. The mags with the steel bases look like an after thought
3. No Quality Kydex OWB holsters available for the CW9(Raven, Ntac, no blue guns for molds)

deputy tom
June 21, 2012, 05:14 PM
I owned an original K9. It was too heavy for what it was. Later I bought a P40. I didn't like the recoil,ammo costs and the pins walking out of the frame. I currently have a CW9 and it has been flawless thru the two hundred round break-in period with ball ammo and approx. fifty hollow points. I wish the front sight was dovetailled and the mags were less expensive. Other than that nothing I can think of to take away from this nice little pistol. I have no experience with the CW45 but lots of info on them on the Kahr Forums. YMMV. tom.:)

ETA If I were in the market for a smaller .45 acp pistol I'd get an XD45s or look at the G-36.

sidheshooter
June 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
As an aside, my LGS has a used CW45 in the case for $295. I was surprised by that price. PM me if you want the phone number.

thefamcnaj
June 21, 2012, 05:23 PM
Ive had my cm9 for a few months and love it. It's had know failures to speak of except the slide didn't lock back in an empty mag once. It's super accurate for such a small gun and is not unpleasant to shoot for long periods of time. It's the perfect pocket carry piece during the hot months. Imho the kahrs have the best da trigger on the market.
The only gripe I have is that I can't find a spare mag anywhere. I've been looking for one sine I bought it.

ForumSurfer
June 21, 2012, 05:25 PM
I had a Kahr cw9 and sold it.

Pros:

Carried wonderfully IWB or OWB.
Easy to conceal
Accurate
Reliable
A really joy to shoot, you could run a few hundred rounds through it at a time and it didn't punish your hands despite it's small size.
A real gem og a trigger, it felt like a finely tuned smith trigger or a ruger lcr trigger
Useable sights
Extremely affordable

Cons:

Too big for pocket carry in my pockets, I would have been happier with a cm9
Frame was a little too slick sided for me. I prefer an aggressive pattern like gen4 glocks or aggressively checkered wood grips.
Not much to look at or write home to about, but it was accurate and reliable...about all you can ask for at it's price point.

340PD
June 21, 2012, 05:53 PM
I like everything about my PM9. Runs my handloads with no failures. Feeding issues are well documented and can be fixed in less than a minute with a pencil and 600 grit sandpaper. It will also allow you to slingshot the slide. I think you may want to look and ask questions over at a forum named after the gun you are trying to buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogM036r016M

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/BallerinavsQuarterback.jpg

deputy tom
June 21, 2012, 06:00 PM
ForumSurfer,I agree with everything you said except the last two cons. They don't apply to me.tom.:cool:

Quote{ I had a Kahr cw9 and sold it.

Pros:
Carried wonderfully IWB or OWB.
Easy to conceal
Accurate
Reliable
A really joy to shoot, you could run a few hundred rounds through it at a time and it didn't punish your hands despite it's small size.
A real gem og a trigger, it felt like a finely tuned smith trigger or a ruger lcr trigger
Useable sights
Extremely affordable
Cons:
Too big for pocket carry in my pockets, I would have been happier with a cm9
Frame was a little too slick sided for me. I prefer an aggressive pattern like gen4 glocks or aggressively checkered wood grips.
Not much to look at or write home to about, but it was accurate and reliable...about all you can ask for at it's price point. } End quote.

Josh45
June 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys. There all very helpful.
And to what I can see, Most Kahr owners are quite happy with their pistols minus a few things.

Hopefully, One of my LGS will have one available so I can get a better feel for it.
So far, I only know one place that has the CW9 and that is a pawn shop asking $425 for it new, I don't even know if it has a box!.

usp9
June 21, 2012, 06:07 PM
My first Kahr was an early model K9 with the longer trigger pull. Great gun but I never bonded with the trigger.

Next came a T9, which has the shorter trigger and I really came to like this gun. Reliable, accurate and easy to shoot. I compare it to a HK P7. My only complaint s the lack of any other grip panel choice.

Next came a P45 which is the perfect CCW if you want a .45 and can handle the recoil from such a light pistol.

I acquired a CW9 but didn't keep it long.

Thought I'd get a TP45 and shorten the grip to the P size, 6 rounds instead of 7, but I wanted the extra barrel length in the TP. I sold both the P45 and TP45 because I had some shoulder problems and the recoil affected me.

Next I bought a newer K9, with the Elite trigger. Great gun, no complaints, no problems. Best Kahr trigger of the bunch, as it was modified at the factory from standard to elite. Expensive but worth it.

Bought a TP9 to go with my T9. I enjoy shooting the TP9 more than the T9. The best Kahr yet.

Picked up a used P9 to consider as a CCW, and it makes an excellent candidate to carry, but I've kept using my HK P2000sk. No complaints with the P9.

You may want to consider a TP9, with a 4" barrel, and cut the grip down to a P sized grip for ease of concealment. This is how the original TP9 was made. Potential to be an outstanding CCW.

Parts are not overly expensive. I've only bought springs and a few others, such as strikers, slide release and such, but they are easy to obtain, ship fast and are reasonably priced.

I do not like the original sights. I prefer Mepros. One reason I sold the CW9 was the inability to change sights.

Spare mags in a pouch may be prone to shed rounds. This may be a problem for some people.

The grip on the polymer Kahrs is a tad-bit small for my hand, so I put a grip sleeve on all my Poly Kahrs. Works great.

Overall I'm pretty much a Kahr fanboy. They aren't HK standard, but they are well made and reliable. I like the compact size, thin profile and low weight. If I were younger, I'd enjoy shooting the .45acp too... but I'm not. Kahr 9mm are great fun, good guns and easy to maintain.

kokapelli
June 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
I really like my PM9, but it is a little big for my pockets so I usually carry a P238 or a TCP.

Snag
June 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
I had a K40 Elite 98 for many years. Carried it everywhere in a reverse horsehide IWB holster. I sold it cause I needed the money and the offer was more than I paid, I regret that decision.

What I liked:

All steel.
Fit and finish.
Lovely trigger. Smooth and clean.
Grip. I have small hands and Kahr's fit me well.
Uncanny accurate. Bullets seem to just go where your mind commands them to.
100% reliable. I tried many things to get it to malfunction and it would not.
Not ugly.

What I didn't like:

Not 100% reliable till broken in. I put 350-400 rounds through that thing before it loosened up.
My example threw cases straight up into the air. Kahr fixed that.

Micha2u
June 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
I have a few full-sized handguns firearms but purchased my CM9 about a year ago in anticipation of the pending Wisconsin CCW law changes. I evaluated many compact and subcompact .38 and 9mm handguns and picked the Kahr for the way it felt in my hand and for its Glock-like simplicity. It is designed to go bang when you pull the trigger and there is no additional safety or magazine-disconnect to worry about.

I read the Kahr manual, cleaned it and took it to the range to start my 250 round break in with UMC 115 gr FMJ ammo. There were a couple of FTF problems but I had no big concerns until I took it apart to clean it. There were severe scratches on the inside of my slide.

I contacted Customer Service at Kahr and they sent me a shipping label to return my slide for inspection. It took 2-3 weeks but they sent me back a new replacement slide. I believe the problem was a machining burr that broke off inside, got caught between the slide and barrel and scratched the slide interior during cycling when firing. I asked but Customer Service said the gunsmith who looked at it had no thoughts on the cause of the problem.

Since I didnít have a slide for a few weeks, I had time to work on getting my 6 round magazines to drop freely, something that they did not do. I opted to polish the inside of the polymer frame with small pieces of fine grit wet/dry sandpaper attached to the magazines with two-side sticky tape. I inserted the magazines a few times, removed the sandpaper and my magazines dropped freely as I believe they ought to.

I tried rubber grips but kept going back to the factory grips and, for me, they are what I prefer. I added a Crimson Trace LG-437 LaserGuard that is a great fit on my CM9 and I like it a lot. The lack of an ON/OFF switch doesnít bother me and itís always ready when I grip the gun. I do not use the ON/OFF switch on a Crimson Trace laser that I have on my full sized 9mm and it is always in the ON position to be able to be ready immediately. No problems with battery life since they arenít on unless Iím gripping the gun.

Iím not the worldís best shot but I can hit what I shoot at if I cover the target with the front sight. I have put close to 1,000 rounds through the gun and it is utterly reliable with my carry load of Winchester PDX-1 (+P) 124 gr. I can slingshot the slide to load and reload it and my mags fall free when reloading.

I have a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster I hope I never have to use my CM9 in a self-defense situation but the bottom line is I am confident that I am concealed carrying a totally reliable self-defense handgun that will be there if I need it.

Thatís what I wanted when I bought it.

hardluk1
June 22, 2012, 01:11 PM
JDGray Check these for owb carry. -http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=27
They sure make a fine IWB .

Others are right ,for the most part the CW size pistols are a bit big for most to pocket but the cm/pm works real well for most.

Newbes ,Use 124gr fmj for breaking. As stiff as the kahrs tend to be when new the 115gr sometimes don't have enought energy to cycle the slids . Seem to work good with 124gr loads. Agfter a 100 rounds they my work well with 1115gr cheap stuff.

I don't like the slip on grips made by companies , cost is a bit much and if ordered a bit higher yet and they don't cover well enough. Thats why the free old inner tubes seems better. Cut to fit from the bottom to the top of the grip and build it up as needed with layers and they tend to stick to the hand better. And that helps stop many FTF. Plus if your try to do break in at one setting you can find your grip looseing and control tends to go away holding that hard plastic of any small gun, even some big ones as round count goes up .

Never did put much stock in how a firearm looks. Ugly is fine if it works well. Pretty ain't worth a darn if it don't work. Its is a working gun not a BBq gun.

I carry a 8 shot backup mag for ether of my kahrs ,typicaly loose top side down in a combo knife/phone pocket on columbias or work jeans and never in a year and a half have had a round work out or even back out any.

MICHAEL T
June 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
my front sight ready to fall off . poor quality

oso
June 23, 2012, 12:10 PM
I carry a PM 45 daily, i love it. Very compact, infact i don't think you can find a smaller .45 acp chambered pistol. Very accurate, shoots any ammo i run through it including reloads. Very comfortable to carry IWB. Only con if you want to consider it a con is you have to use the slide release to chamber a round.

vba
June 23, 2012, 03:27 PM
Just shot my CM9 this morning, have about 200 rounds thru it with no malfunctions, except the slide not locking back on the first couple of mags.

Realized I was hitting the slide lock with my thumb and adjusted my grip. Perfect after that. I pocket carry mine all the time.

Johannes_Paulsen
June 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
I _had_ an MK9 until today.

*Size, size, size.
*Insanely easy to conceal.
*Solidly reliable. Fed anything I gave it. Would skip cleaning after range runs occasionally, and never had a hiccup. Put about 1500 rounds through it before trading it.
*Easy to disassemble for cleaning
*Fit my hands well (I guess I have small hands?)

Dislikes:

*Not quite small or light enough for my tastes for pocket carry, so I ended up carrying it in an OWB holster...then started wondering why I didn't just get a bigger pistol and carry THAT on the belt instead.
*Trigger wayyyy too long for my tastes (although glass-smooth,) making me more likely to shank the round off target under pressure.
*Small sight radius. (Again, exactly what one would expect from a 'pocket' pistol, but since I found it more comfortable to carry on the belt, the decision to get a bigger pistol just made sense at that point.)
*Rounds liked to work themselves out of the magazines in a mag carrier.

dcarch
June 23, 2012, 11:03 PM
I hate the fact that Kahr is owned and run by moonies. Other than that, I LOVE them. Never had a single malfunction with any Kahr I've ever shot.

wow6599
June 23, 2012, 11:13 PM
The only thing I worry about with my PM9.......light strikes. I've had a couple in 400 +/- rounds. My wife's CM9 hasn't, but it's only got about 200 rds through it.

Love everything else.

MoreIsLess
June 24, 2012, 12:13 AM
I must have got a good one. I have a PM9 and have had no trouble with it.

hammerclaw56
June 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
I have a pm9 with about 900 rds through her without the first failure it's one of the finest and most dependable firearms I own and trust me I have a few.

MachIVshooter
June 24, 2012, 07:53 PM
The K9 is actually the wifes, but my only complaint is grip size. Feels like I'm holding a kitchen knife. It's perfect for her, though.

They are well made, nice looking and, at least IME with the metal framed guns, very reliable.

SpodWo
June 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
I love my PM9. No issues what so ever. I didn't have any problems with the "break in" period and I have shot mostly inexpensive Walmart ammo. WWB, Federal, Tula - and it just shoots and shoots.

I would say at least 750 rounds through it....

orionengnr
June 24, 2012, 09:34 PM
My first Kahr was a PM9, bought used about five years ago. It had the barrel peening isue which plagues PM9s of a certain serial number range.

I contacted Kahr, they asked me to send it in. I asked if I could send the top half and avoid the FEDEX charge. No problem--USPS Priority Mail and $4.35 later it was on its way.

They contacted me shortly thereafter and told me that thy would replace the entire top half, but they did not have a slide machined for the Big Dot sight that was installed when I bought it. Said it would be another week or so. I told her that I wasn't that crazy about the Big Dot sight, so she offered me a new slide with a set of fresh Meprolite night sights. Hell yes! It arrived a few days later.

I took it straight to the range, put 350 rounds of a variety of ammo types through it without a malfunction. Shortly thereafter, I started selling my six j-frames. I have not owned (or had any plans to own) a j-frame since.

I pocket carried that PM9 with a DeSantis Nemesis every day of my life for the next 3 1/2 years. I am not a large man--5'9" and 150 lbs. The PM9 is smaller than a j-frame.

At that point, I bought a used P45. A bit larger, still pocket-carry-able (with khakis, not so much with jeans). I mostly carried it IWB, for the next year and a half. It does not like my 200 gr SWC handloads (feeds them fine, but light strikes them for some reason). Works fine with factory ammo, which is what I carry.

At that point I had the opportunity to buy a used PM45. About halfway between the PM9 and the P45 in size, I thought it would be the next logical step--a pocket .45acp. This one was ammo-sensitive. I believe it had a short chamber, as some rounds would stick hard.

I let a very experienced friend look at it...he put several types of rounds through it, found some that would work well and offered me what I had paid for it. I sold it to him and he carries it to this day.

These days, I carry a 1911 every day. But I still own the PM9 and the P45, because I'm not getting any younger, and one day I'm going to want to carry that 18.5 oz P45 or that 14 oz PM9.
So... I am two-for-three on Kahrs. I would buy another in a heartbeat, and have considered a P380...but with the PM9, I already have the perfect pocket pistol. Plus, I really don't trust the .380 cartridge.

Armybrat
June 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
My CW45 runs smooth as glass with the 6 round magazine. The 7 round magazine however, is worthless because it jams on the 2nd shot about 40% of the time. Just wish Kahr would make the 6 round mags flush fitting like the PM mags.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w349/ScoPro/Guns061.jpg

Never have understood the resentment about the moonie relationship, I'd love to have a WWII P-38 or a Luger.....and my Mauser 98k doesn't give me the willies.

Cokeman
June 25, 2012, 02:50 AM
Mine has been great. The mag release is a bit hard to push. Ammo could be cheaper.

19-3Ben
June 25, 2012, 01:01 PM
Had a K40 that I just sold for reasons unrelated to quality of the gun.

It was a joy of a gun. Easy to shoot accurately, pointed very naturally, and marvelously well made. Never had a malfunction with it either.
It was very very high quality, and I loved being able to carry something that good!

340PD
June 25, 2012, 01:49 PM
Pull off your slide and you will see a little hole that will allow spray cleaner to flow through and clean the striker channel. Lot's of crud get into that channel. This may very well solve your light strikes issue.

PBR Streetgang
June 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
Have had my P40 for about 10 years . It's my EDC ,compact, lightweight,accurate and she always goes bang.

The magazine fit isn't quite as tight as I would like it ,but never a failure.
When I shoot for qualification ,the gun beats the hand up a bit due to a prior injury. I think the .40 kicks a bit more than any of my 45acp's (my opinion)

other than that I'd buy another again.

TennJed
June 25, 2012, 02:49 PM
I am glad this thread was created. I just put a CW45 on layaway and have enjoyed everyones post

340PD
June 25, 2012, 03:14 PM
Check the Kahrtalk forums for much more information and enjoy your new gun.

AdamSean
June 25, 2012, 05:31 PM
I couldn't shoot the darn thing accurately enough. So I sold it and bought a Kel-Tec Pf-9. I shot it much more accurately. Even with +P ammo. I have since gone to a Beretta Nano for Micro 9mm and love it even more than the KT.

hivel37
June 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
About 6-7 years ago I bought a PM9. Have tried several holsters and am now using a kydex IWB that I had made.
Likes: very dependable, flatter than a j-frame, ammo is cheap.
Dislikes: kind of expensive.
Hates: none

ctaylor
June 26, 2012, 08:42 PM
Check the Kahrtalk forums for much more information and enjoy your new gun.

skip to the 'good/bad/ugly'...the rest of this is just hot air.

Respectfully: if you want to brag about your Kahr, they will love you and join you in singing Kahr praises in loud, manly voices. If you have a problem, they will tell you in this order: you didn't read your manual, you didn't lube per the holy tablets that came down from the mount, you didn't break it in right (per said tablets) and you're not gripping it in a Kahr-like, manly manner. So go read your manual, lube your pistol right, shoot it like you stole it until it starts to go bang when you pull the trigger, stop limp wristing it, and if none of that works, send it back to "mother ship" and the monks up in Massachusettes will happily put it right...in 14 days or less.

They seem to be a nice bunch of folks over there. But, generally, they are not much open to discussing problems with Kahr pistols. It is, however, entertaining. I think it's hilarious how some folks take on about their favorite brand of firearm. In fairness to them, small pocket pistols are fussier, and lube, break-in, good ammo and good form are important factors in getting them up and running well enough to rely on them.

Seriously, it really is like this: if you get a good one, you'll swear it's the best defensive pistol you ever grabbed up in your mitt. If you get a bad one, you'll likely get to know Ian (Kahr service rep) and your Fed Ex delivery guy on a first name basis. I was certain that the CM9 was the answer to my "must have a 9mm in my front pocket" itch. I was somewhat aware of the Jekyll/Hyde reputation, but I thought it was worth a $400 roll of the dice.

So I bit, and had light strike malfunctions out of the gate. I kept shooting (300 rounds) to see if it would line out. It didn't, so two weeks after I bought it, it went back to the factory. They replaced the slide (and I suspect the barrel as well) and I got it back (choke) 14 days later. Since then (another 500 rounds...I am a cynic) it has been...in the words of the great and powerful at Kahrtalk..."flawless". I am carrying it now, on occasion.

the good:
-love the simplicity of the design
-love the trigger, though it takes some getting used to
-a 9mm in my front pocket...love it
-when you get one running, it seems to run and run and run
-they are fun to shoot, fun enough that the $100 I spent breaking in and proofing the repair seemed almost worth it

the bad:
-sights not great, plastic, you can't do aftermarket sights on the CM9 (that I know of)
-all little guns have squirrely springs, hard to slingshot/rack the slide on CM9 until it has a lot of rounds through it
-removing the slide is harder than it should be

the ugly:
-quality control philosophy: send em all out and let the owners figure out which ones needed tweaking. This is not a good way to run a railroad. (Also, if you don't ask for a call tag, they'll let you pay the freight on the return.)
-mags have a terrible reputation, especially the 7-rounders (in the 6+1-shot guns)

Esoxchaser
June 27, 2012, 01:46 PM
I have a PM40 as my EDC, even (or especially) while working in a dusty, dirty environment. In a couple thousand rounds of 180 grain FMJ and several hundred Speer 155 GDHP's I have never had a failure of any sort. The gun is easily concealed, has a great trigger. I like everything about it, no dislikes other than I wish I had gotten the night sights. That will be fixed soon.

Paladin7
June 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
I have a Kahr MK40. It is a very good reliable belt carry pistol.

I found it necessary to make the following modifications...

1. Added Trijicon night sights
2. Replaced the stock recoil spring with a Wolff unit because the stock unit was under sprung for the ammo I'm using
3. Replaced the slide stop lever because the original Kahr slide stop lever had too many sharp edges. I replaced it with the newer Kahr unit which solves this problem
4. I also installed the Cocobolo grips from Kahr, which made it much easier to grip and shoot
5. Bought a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster for it

Here are the Pros and Cons for this configuration...

Pros
Very reliable
Compact, concealable and easy to carry with a good holster and belt
Very accurate
Good trigger, not great (in my opinion, YMMV)

Cons
Weight
Doesn't allow for a higher grip, like the Glock - my personal preference is for a higher grip on the frame
Trigger Reset not very fast when compared to other options

The all steel Kahrs are very good pistols, can't speak to the polymer models because I don't own one. Personally, I like the Kahr pistols, but feel there are better options out there these days.

Fishbed77
June 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
-sights not great, plastic, you can't do aftermarket sights on the CM9 (that I know of)

Trijicon night sights are available for the CM & CW series of pistols:

http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-Trijicon-Night-Sights-for-CW-Series.asp

Cokeman
June 28, 2012, 12:50 AM
CM9s have plastic sites? Really?

Snag
June 28, 2012, 01:13 AM
CM9s have plastic sites? Really?

The front sight on the C series pistols in polymer I believe.

Cokeman
June 28, 2012, 01:34 AM
Didn't know that.

My Glock has plastic sites.

Prosser
June 28, 2012, 02:26 AM
PM 9
Eats everything, never a problem.
Best gun for deep cover combining flat, small, and works great with
different forms of CCW.
Fits a niche in CCW that no other gun does.

Dislikes:
Too heavy for my pocket carry. Not the guns fault.

Coop45
June 28, 2012, 02:32 AM
There is something to dislike?

hardluk1
June 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
I do wish my cm9 was ligher by a couple oz but then it would not be easy to shoot.

tim josey
June 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
Just bought a used CW9 2 weeks ago, love it so far. It goes bang on every type of load I feed it. I would like to have a different rear site but not that big of a deal.
TIm

ponchsox
June 28, 2012, 05:28 PM
Just purchased my first Kahr, a K9.

TMann
June 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Loved:
The size and weight of the polymer Kahrs.
The smoothness of the trigger.

Hated:
The recoil of the polymer Kahrs.
The LONG, LONG trigger pull.

After owning a number of Kahrs over the years, I bought a Walther PPS and have been really happy with it.

TMann

EDIT: I should mention that the main issue I have with the Kahr trigger is that it is different than the triggers on my other handguns (Glock, CZ, Hipower.) If you are a long-time revolver shooter and you're used to "pulling through" that long travel, you may find the Kahr trigger to be perfect for you.

Girodin
June 28, 2012, 06:14 PM
In my humble opinion the K9/P9/CW9 guns are just about the ideal sized carry gun. They are small enough that the conceal very easily in practically any manner of dress. Yet they are big enough that they are still easy to shoot and run well. If you add or reduce size you start to make one or the other of those things notably difficult.

Its ammo capacity is perfectly acceptable for a CCW gun IMHO. It is 7+1 or with an extended mag 8+1. That gives you 16 if you carry the 7 round mag in the gun and a spare 8 rounder. Yes that is the capacity of a G19 with one mag but it is EXTREMELY unlikely that one will fire that many rounds in self defense and the Kahrs are appreciably smaller than the G19.

The trigger pull is long by design but very smooth and consistent and breaks cleanly. It is no 1911 trigger but it works well for what it is designed for.

Accuracy in my experience is plenty good enough for the defensive use. I have never put one in a rest or really tried to shoot it for groups. When doing defensive style shooting I get ragged wholes like the one I shoot with an EMP.

They were designed to by carry guns and I think they perform that role very nicely.

I still hope to eventually get a PM9 or CM9 as I do not have much experience with the smaller guns.

Jsimpson
June 30, 2012, 01:11 AM
I have a pm 40 and a cw 40 , I love the, both they are what they are defense guns ,for defending your life they are not target pistols , I carry my cw in a crossbreed holster and the pm40 in a galco appendix ,I practice alot ,and both guns work , I carried a glock 21 for a long time ,the kahr is as good as my glock , I wouldnt put 10000 rounds thru a kahr and feel as comfortBle as the hk glock .

Fishbed77
June 30, 2012, 08:09 PM
Hated:
The recoil of the polymer Kahrs.
The LONG, LONG trigger pull.

When shooting my polymer CM9 back-to-back with my father's all-steel MK9, we can detect no difference whatsoever in felt recoil, despite the fact that the CM9 is clearly lighter.

Both are very soft-shooting pistols for the size.

Welding Rod
July 1, 2012, 01:29 AM
What I hated about my Kahr P45 was that it was utterly unreliable, even after trying hundreds of rounds various factory loads.

What I liked was that after I paid $60 or so to ship it back to the factory for warranty work, where they replaced the entire top end, I was able to trade it off for a reasonable pay back.

hammerclaw56
July 1, 2012, 07:28 PM
I, have a pm 9 dlc that money could not buy, not the first malfuction in over a 1000 rds of mixed ammo , it is a perfect pocket pistol with a galco inside the pocket holster. I keep it loaded with GD 124 HP or winchester PDX1 124 gr HP and believe me they will get the job done if called upon. The Kahr PM9 DLC is the perfect C.C. handgun.

mdThanatos
July 1, 2012, 07:39 PM
I don't own one but I did get to shoot one today. A buddy of mine has one, I want to say it was the P40, and said he can't hit anything with it so he asked me to try it out. First I understand the purpose of the pistol so I know it isn't something that would be used as a competition piece. What I didn't like is that it is too slim, for me. The trigger has a long take up, which didn't really bother me that much, it wasn't a very heavy pull in my opinion just long and mushy if you will. The trigger reset, which is what really threw me off, requires you to fully disengage the trigger.

I liked that it was light and functioned well and I was able to hit decently with it for my first time. My buddy's wife doesn't like shooting it because it hurts her hand after a mag or two and he has even said he doesn't like extended sessions with it but the two mags I put through it, I know it isn't a lot, it had some oomph but nothing terrible.

I think for the price and if you happen to be looking for something that conceals well it is a good value but if it were me I think that there are other pistols that I would choose over it, just for preferences not because of it being a bad pistol.

ctaylor
July 1, 2012, 09:33 PM
The trigger on a Kahr is a lot like a double action revolver, only a little smoother. (IMO.) I learned a long time ago that I can't worry too much about getting a fine sight picture when shooting double action. I shoot a lot better if I try to get a smooth pull straight through to the shot while focusing really hard on the front sight and not worrying overly much about whether the sights are lined up dead center on the target or not.

Kahr seems to like to shoot that way, too. If I try to time the shot with sights centered on the target I will anticipate and throw the shot low every time.

Brian10
July 2, 2012, 06:32 PM
I have a CW40.

Pros:
- Feels great in the hand with rubber grip
- Slim, easy to conceal
- Simple

Cons:
- 40 is probably too powerful for this gun. 9mm probably would have been a better choice
- My CW40 is very picky with ammo. It likes FMJ bullets, absolutely hates lead reloaded bullets, and is iffy on certain types of hollow points
- Very long trigger pull

If I were to buy a single stack now, no doubt about it - it would be a S&W Shield.

Girodin
July 3, 2012, 02:20 AM
The trigger on a Kahr is a lot like a double action revolver, only a little smoother.

I think they feel like a DA revolver in terms of how long the trigger pull is (although exact length depends on what trigger one has, i.e. elite vs NYPD) and in terms of having a relatively long reset. However, the Kahr triggers differ, for the better, from DA revolvers in at least two respects. First, the trigger pull is lighter than the DA pull of most revolvers. Secondly, Kahr triggers do not stack. Most double action revolvers I have shot stack to some degree (perhaps the lone exception is the Ruger LCR).

I would tend to agree the Kahrs are smoother than many DA revolvers are out of the box.

FIVETWOSEVEN
July 3, 2012, 02:31 AM
Mine is really a truck but hey I'll bite! I have learned that I like standard better than automatic and my truck is automatic. It has transmission problems once in awhile, the wheel fell off while driving once. The list goes on. Oh wait, you mean Kahr, not car. Oh, I don't have one of those sorry. :o

Wouldn't mind having a compact .45, they look nice.

ponchsox
July 3, 2012, 07:46 AM
Going to pick up my NYPD K9 today, will report.

richnlex
October 4, 2012, 10:29 PM
Have a CW-40..I didn't like the front sights and replaced with fiber optics. Added a stainless steel mag spring rod to help with recoil and dropped down to 135 grain loads which significantly lowered recoil. I just can't like the long trigger pull, which I know is by design and when unloading the gun and unchambering a live round 9 out of 10 times it jams in the ejection door. Has never failed to fire, though.

RBid
October 4, 2012, 10:40 PM
I hate that my CM9 is imaginary. I would prefer to have a real one to wear as a BUG sometimes.

Dislikes:
None, in the context of a BUG.

Feels 'tight' (tolerances, fit, finish)
I like the ergonomics, for what it is

My views are based on limited time with one, rather than having an owner's experience.

tomrkba
October 4, 2012, 10:48 PM
I disliked that three out of four did not function properly.

Cokeman
October 5, 2012, 12:34 AM
Have a CW-40..I didn't like the front sights and replaced with fiber optics. Added a stainless steel mag spring rod to help with recoil and dropped down to 135 grain loads which significantly lowered recoil. I just can't like the long trigger pull, which I know is by design and when unloading the gun and unchambering a live round 9 out of 10 times it jams in the ejection door. Has never failed to fire, though.

Welcome.

What is that exactly and how does it help with recoil? :confused:

The Lone Haranguer
October 5, 2012, 01:08 PM
I have owned an E9 ("economy" version of the K9) and a PM9, but no .45s.
The E9 never had any stoppages, but did bounce the odd case back at my head as well as the front sight (plastic and staked) falling off. After sending it back to customer service (a painless process save that I had to ship it) it came back with the ejection port lowered and a new front sight which gave me no further problems. The PM9 had severe functioning problems at first, but came back - albeit taking nearly a month - with a new barrel and recoil spring and also gave me no further problems.

The best features of the E9 were its grip and hand fit, handling and pointing qualities and its trigger. It - like all Kahrs - has a long pull like that of a revolver, but is light with even pressure all the way through and somewhat of a "surprise" at the end. After a little practice you can do some very good work with this trigger. It is also very comfortable to shoot due to its weight and cushioned rubber grip. Because of its small size, the PM9, if I held my trigger finger so as not to push all the shots to the left, would rub and blister the finger on the bottom of the trigger guard. Otherwise it too shot decently, much better than any small-frame revolver I've tried.

An annoyance is the top round in the spare magazine working loose of its own accord. You don't notice this in the "in-gun" mag, but can be a problem in the spare mag. You need a snugly fitting mag pouch and draw technique (pulling straight up and not dragging the sides of the pouch) to keep this from happening, or there can be problems inserting it into the well.

All in all, I would happily buy a steel 9mm Kahr again, but am ambivalent about a PM or CM9 . I don't think, however, the CW45 will make a good practical, continuous carry pocket gun; it is just too large. It would be OK for sticking in your pocket for short times and distances.

CoRoMo
October 5, 2012, 01:21 PM
I hate the fact that Kahr is owned and run by moonies.
I don't believe this is entirely accurate. The Unification Church may have helped start up Justin's company and it might still have a thin association with Kahr by way of subsidiary organizations/companies, but I don't believe the church holds ownership, manages, or controls the firearms manufacturer. AFAIK, Justin might be the only church member at his company, but I would not be surprised if there are a few more there than himself alone.

The 'Moonie connection' has been an issue for me as well, but it isn't preventing me from admitting that Justin is one exceptional businessman and innovator. He's quite the freedom loving, anti-communist gun-nut like many of us are and his company has created some of the most revolutionary pistols of our time. Can't force myself to deny that stuff.

richnlex
November 1, 2012, 08:02 AM
What is that exactly and how does it help with recoil?

The stainless steel guide rod (recoil spring) is about 3 times heavier than the factory adding some weight and it reduces torque better.
Moot point..sold it last week..getting an XDM 3.8 compact chambered in 40 s&w..

usp9
November 1, 2012, 11:03 AM
The stainless steel guide rod (recoil spring) is about 3 times heavier than the factory

Three times heavier? Really? Is it made of stainless steel or depleted uranium? ;)

usp9
November 1, 2012, 11:05 AM
oops :o

nyc71
November 1, 2012, 03:22 PM
Love the CM9 but hate the lack of drop-free mag.

rodinal220
November 1, 2012, 04:22 PM
I have a blue K9 and K40.Both are built like tanks.They are in a PPK/s class size gun but in more powerful rounds.Handles like a full size gun but very concealable.Smooth DAO trigger,I'm not a big DOA fan on other platforms,but I like the Kahr trigger.Very accurate and very reliable with factory ammo.Controllable in 40,snappy,but not bad:9mm is a joy to shoot.

Only cons I have are tight chambers,they do not like crap ammo.Blue finish not very rust resistant.Trigger pin will walk a bit to the right,has never fallen out or caused a stoppage.A little degrease and blue loc-tite has stopped that.I understand this issue was addressed long time ago,my guns are when the K series first came out.

Fishbed77
November 2, 2012, 12:41 AM
Love the CM9 but hate the lack of drop-free mag.

?

Mags drop free from my CM9.

Luis Leon
November 3, 2012, 09:09 PM
I've carried my CW9 for two years now. I can't see myself ever going back to full-size carry.

Pros

1. Very concealable

2. Very accurate in defense type shooting... 7 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards.

3. Comfortable to carry all day.

My CW9 has been reliable since day one. I had a few hiccups within the break in period but since its has digested all the factories loads I've put through it and my hand loads.

I took my CW9 to the range today, I shot my S&W Model 19, CZ75 P01 and then last the Kahr. At ten yards I had no trouble drawing from the holster and keeping them all in the down-zero zone of an IDPA target. I carry it all day and have trust that it will served if called upon.

best regards

Luis Leon

saltydog452
November 3, 2012, 11:16 PM
We own two Kahrs. One is a tad lighter than the other. Both are reliable. Both are point and shoot and have tritium sights. Both stand household guard duty daily.

That said, I wear a Commander size .45.

salty

wally
November 4, 2012, 12:18 AM
Its power, small size and light weight.

Works for me.

rvanpelt
November 4, 2012, 02:47 PM
:) I bought a new CW9 with stock 7 and added two 8 shot mags for my wife last March. We both love its size, accuracy, reliability, styling, light recoil, trigger pull after getting used to it, shoots all ammo I've tried and the price.

Cons: not as easy to strip as my Glock mod. 36, but then not too many are.
Thanks,
Rod van Pelt

flatlander937
November 4, 2012, 10:00 PM
I LOVE my CM9

-Small enough for pocket carry with the right jeans

-Smooth enough overall for me to wear with no undershirt(in fact, even if I wear two shirts, I have a tuckable holster that I'll wear over the gun to make it even less noticeable should my shirt ride up)

-Smooooooth trigger. Most hate it, I shoot it incredibly well, in fact as good as my 1911 despite them being completely different.

-Easy take down... after you've done it a couple times. It is a royal PITA when the recoil spring is brand new but otherwise fine now. Just be careful of the little spring in the slide release when reinstalling or else you'll screw it up and have a misfiring gun in need of a new slide release spring. Read the manual!

Dislikes:
-My 7rd extended magazine has been ammo sensitive, but only with Federal 115gr FMJ ammo so far. The bullet profile(kind of pointy as opposed to a more rounded tip) and OAL(0.020" longer on average compared to other factory ammo from Aguilla and Magtech) has to do with this though. My 6rd magazines function fine with everything so far though. My 7rd mag(and both 6rd that I have) function flawlessly with my carry Remington 115gr JHPs though. They're inexpensive hollow points so I can afford to practice with them and function test my gun with them a lot.

-Most IWB holsters I've tried are pretty useless if you want to draw your gun in an even somewhat quick fashion... I've found that more cant is needed because of the tiny grip(when not used with the 7rd mag). With the 6rd mag and an IWB holster with no cant(muzzle straight downwards) the grip is underneath my belt and wants to drop inside my pants. I suppose it's good for "deep concealment" but overall it is a pain for me. It's a Desantis "the insider" IIRC. I've taken a liking to my Blackhawk tuckable leather holster, there is a bit of cant to it which keeps the grip exposed enough to get my fingers on it when drawing. I'm new to CCW so I'm buying a few inexpensive holsters for my guns so I can figure out exactly what I want when I shop for a more $$ holster. High ride + a good amount of cant seems to be needed. Only dislike with the tuckable holster is that it makes your pants want to sag since it clips over the pants, not a belt(clips under the belt).

I originally wanted a CW9, but my local dealer had a CM9 in stock, so I bought it with a 7rd extended mag and purchased another 6rd magazine. I'm actually glad it worked out this way so now it is easily pocket carry-able with 6+1 or I can use the extended mag to make it easier to draw from an IWB holster.

jimherb
November 5, 2012, 02:46 PM
One of the pistols I wish I hadn't sold is a PM9. It wasn't fun to shoot, but it was accurate and reliable (once past the break-in period.)

kokapelli
November 6, 2012, 08:54 AM
One of the pistols I wish I hadn't sold is a PM9. It wasn't fun to shoot, but it was accurate and reliable (once past the break-in period.)
If you think your PM9 wasn't fun to shoot try a PF9 and see what not fun to shoot really is.

Girodin
November 6, 2012, 02:08 PM
My CW9 has been reliable since day one. I had a few hiccups within the break in period but since its has digested all the factories loads I've put through it and my hand loads.

Was it reliable from day one or were there initial hicups? Your statement seems to be self contradictory. For what its worth. I've owned a few kahrs and most have been very reliable. One very early K9 seems to be a bit more ammo sensitive than I would like. It would occassionally choke on some ammo that my other 9mm guns would digest without issue. The other Kahrs I've owned have not shown the same issue. I once read, but cannot confirm, that the first K9s produced had tighter chambers.

OrangePwrx9
November 6, 2012, 02:55 PM
Bought one of the early K9s new back in the '90s. The biggest Con is the weight. It also has a heavy recoil spring. The heavy spring makes it a bit difficult to field strip the gun for cleaning.

Accuracy and reliability are top notch. Love the bar-dot sights.

Viper1357
November 7, 2012, 05:36 PM
CW45 I have had for a few years now. I actually love it quite a bit 'now', but not so much when I first got it. It's light weight, and very accurate and reliable for a compact .45 ACP. Stainless for less external maintenance, easy to carry, trigger is a bit long, but better than my DAO snubs. Recoil on the .45 is very comfortable in this little package.

Cons:
1) Doesn't really count now, but when I first got it, the chamber was short and it malf'd every type bullet. Got it rechambered, polished and throated, and now it can feed anything, including certain empty cases.
2) Plastic front sight has a ding on it from factory. Doesn't affect defensive style shooting, but seems cheap and I just don't like it. That's it.

- Here's a couple pics of just after I got the chamber reamed. I loaded a couple mags with 6 different loads from ball, +p's, and the old flying ashtray hollowpoints, and at 30 feet firing slow and fast, reloading, etc.. Not a hiccup and accurate for rapid fire. I've shot it loads more, and it's as reliable as I could want.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/viper1357/Guns%20stuff/KAHR/kahrcw45_65.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/viper1357/Guns%20stuff/KAHR/kahrcw45_66.jpg

"

PX15
November 7, 2012, 07:18 PM
FWIW:

I'm a new Kahr owner, but a happy one.

I bought a new CM9 and it has exceeded my expectations. So far (knock on wood) absolutely reliable and surprisingly accurate at 7 yards.

I have the Ruger LC9 and have been well satisfied with it, even tho it has a trigger from hell, but it's been replaced by the sweet CM9.

IF you are considering a 45ACP, please give the new Springfield XDs a look. I have one and it's small and easy to conceal and has great sights and trigger.

My XDs will do "iwb duty" and my CM9 will go rear pocket.

Both excellent pistols, IMO.:)

Best Wishes,

J.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_4702.jpg

greenlion
November 7, 2012, 09:30 PM
Like: Everything, except what I'm going to say next

Dislike: The extra mags for the PM9 dump rounds out if they are carried in your pockets.

strambo
November 9, 2012, 11:05 AM
I have had a K9 for about a decade now. I think it is a great CCW gun. Slim, fairly light, uber-reliable, 7+1 rds 9mm, great trigger and sights and the grip is just long enough for a full grip.

The only thing I dislike is it is a little sharp around the edges...but I still haven't gotten around to smoothing them so it must not be that bad!

Josh45
November 9, 2012, 04:48 PM
Well, My brother ended up with a CW9 and I have got to say it is a joy to shoot. Recoil isn't bad in it. It does eat everything we threw at it. From HP reloads to LRN reloads, It wouldn't quit.

The trigger feeling like glass, I get it now. It does feel like that in a way. It is somewhat heavy but that is to be expected since it is a DAO pistol I suppose.
I would have preferred if the grip was a bit longer bit longer but after seeing it in action, You really can't complain.

Personally, After what I seen it can do, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone.

Luis Leon
November 9, 2012, 09:44 PM
Girodin,

You are correct... It should have read.

My CW9 has been reliable. I had a few hiccups within the break in period but since its has digested all the factories loads I've put through it and my hand loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you like and hate about your Kahr?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!