I Finally Gave in...

PDA

Still Shooting
June 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
Well, I have been looking to practice some heresy - away from classic bolt actions, a couple of pumps (one being a 1917 Remington Model 14), and even a couple of semiautos (Remington .22 and Winchester '07).

After trying with 2 LGS's since February, I walked into the local Dick's Sporting Goods today, and there on the rack was my departure from the classics - a brand new S&W M&P15 flattop chambered in 5.56! I might have waited and done a better price than $60 under MSRP, but I didn't.

I now have to load the 500rds. of Lake City brass I bought 2 months ago, use up some of the Win 748 powder I bought, and take her out to the range to see what she'll do....

By a stroke of luck, I finally nailed down my pet load for the next most recent rifle, a Savage 11 in 7mm WSM. Now shoots under 1 moa.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "I Finally Gave in..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BadMitten
June 22, 2012, 11:44 PM
Can't beat impulse buys!

tahunua001
June 22, 2012, 11:44 PM
it's an election year...in 2 months you'd probably lucky to find anything under MSRP period.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Finally Gave in..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!