Versacarry

PDA

verdun59
June 23, 2012, 05:34 PM
Hey folks, in the never ending search for the perfect holster, have any of you tried the VersaCarry holster, and what do you think of it. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Versacarry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rpdavis
June 23, 2012, 06:37 PM
I've got them for my .40s and 9mms. They have their pluses and minuses. If you're the type who has frequently just stuck your gun in your waistband in the past, this will feel pretty natural to you.

On the plus side, they are very small and do not add much to the width of the firearm. Certainly no more than an IWB would over-all.

I've tried to break the barrel insert off in the weapon while drawing it from the carry position and I'm satisfied that it will not break.

It does hold the weapon pretty securely.

On the minus side - it is very annoying to practice with since you have to remove the entire thing from your pants in order to "re-holster."

Depending on the design of your front sight, it can become snagged on your undergarments during draw.

While it is held pretty securely and will not let the weapon pop out no matter how much running or jumping you do (I tried), it is subject to a bit of both radial and lateral movement.

verdun59
June 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks, that's good info.

wbwanzer
June 24, 2012, 07:16 PM
I think I just looked at them online this morning. I wasn't sure what to think.

If you enjoyed reading about "Versacarry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!