S&W FSB removal assistance

PDA

nyc71
June 24, 2012, 01:35 AM
I have removed the FSP on a no name upper before (left to right) without issues, but on this S&W by looking at the left side of the upper
It appear I need to drive them from right to left
Thanks for the input in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W FSB removal assistance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nyc71
June 24, 2012, 01:37 AM
I have removed the FSP on a no name upper before (left to right) without issues, but on this S&W by looking at the left side of the upper
It appear I need to drive them from right to left
Sorry for the double post, thanks for the input in advance.

SpentCasing
June 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
Coincedentally, I just did this to a buddies S&W sport on friday. Yes the pins are backwards for whatever reason S&W decided. They were also a royal pain to get out. Very tight. .Just support the base really good use a good penetrating oil like PB Blaster and whack the snot out of it

ApacheCoTodd
June 24, 2012, 01:23 PM
Yup, they're "backwards" by conventional U.S. firearms standards. (most unidirectional applications are installed from right to left... don't freak stat snobs, I said most).

If it gets to you, one can hand ream them up to an over-length and cut to length 2-a taper pin and reinstall right to left. But I'd only do that if there was a need to over-size in the first place.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W FSB removal assistance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!