New Witness Compact

PDA

wbwanzer
June 24, 2012, 02:26 PM
Here is my new Witness Compact 9mm. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet as I just picked it up. I already have a Witness Elite Match so I'm familiar with the Tanfoglio brand, and it being a CZ clone etc... Seems like it could be carried without too much trouble. The barrel is 3.6" and it weighs about 30 oz, if I remember correctly. It feels good in the hand.

I almost bought an Armalite AR-24 which would be very similar to this pistol, but would have to have been ordered. I saw this one in the case at the range and decided to go for it. I am aware that EAA can be a problem with service, but figured that the aftermarket for the Witness would be stronger than for the Armalite (which would be non-existant).

Anyway, I hope that I like it as much as I think that I will when I get to try it. Hopefully that will happen this week.

I just found out that the mag holds 13 even though the manual says 10. I figured it would be more than 10 but wasn't sure until just now. Cool beans.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/wbwanzer/Witnesscompact002.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/wbwanzer/Witnesscompact005.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "New Witness Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hAkron
June 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
I've been thinking HARD about picking one up myself. I love my CZ's, and Tanfoglios are excellent clones. I really love the caliber conversion option. You can buy a conversion for .22, .40, .38 Super, .45, & 10MM and they are not terribly expensive. My current debate is do I want the compact or the full sized. Once I figure that out I'll probably make the purchase.

As far as EAA customer service, I have emailed them with questions once or twice and the were very responsive. I have heard of warranty issues but nothing first hand.

hAkron
June 24, 2012, 02:57 PM
Oh, and I forgot - Congratulstions!!

wbwanzer
June 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks.

billymarr
June 24, 2012, 05:51 PM
I loved mine but gave it to my Dad for Fathers day as he and mom live on the texas Mexico border. It is the 45ACP Polymer and it shoots great. I kept the fullsize though.

armoredman
June 24, 2012, 06:14 PM
Many of the parts for the Witness should be usable in the AR-24, as the AR-24 is a clone of the Witness.
The manual was probably written for California, which is 10 round max. Standard cap mags for the Compact is 13, has been since we had a few of them years ago, good solid gun, congrats! Is that the Wonder finish?
Most holsters for the CZ-75 Compact should work, as well as semi-boned rigs for the Glock 19.

bdb benzino
June 24, 2012, 07:03 PM
Nice pick up!! I really like the newer rear sights ( look similar to Novaks ) that they have been using lately, they are much more attractive than the tall rear bar they used to use.

wbwanzer
June 24, 2012, 07:06 PM
That is indeed, the Wonder finish.

I picked up a $10 holster yesterday at a gun show that works well with the Witness. I'm really starting to accumulate a pile of holsters. The sad part is that I live in the People's Republic of Maryland and can't carry where I live. I do have my Utah non-res permit which allows me to carry in neighboring states, but that doesn't happen very often. But it's good to know that the CZ75 Compact holsters will also work. I kinda figured that they would though.

MachIVshooter
June 24, 2012, 07:37 PM
Many of the parts for the Witness should be usable in the AR-24, as the AR-24 is a clone of the Witness.

I believe there are quite a few subtle and not-so-subtle differences, one of the latter being that the AR-24 is small framed and uses standard CZ mags.

Ash
June 24, 2012, 08:22 PM
The small frame will affect magazines - all current Witness pistols are large-frame. Yet other parts like the trigger will interchange just fine.

One thing is for sure, parts are easy to get for either.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Witness Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!