Next rifle purchase is:

PDA

Eb1
June 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
Remington 700 SPS 20" .308.

I shot one this weekend at 600 yards, and it was the smoothest rifle I have shot in a long time.

Another guy had a .308 modular gun that costs around $4000.00, and it wasn't for me. The Rem 700 felt awesome, and shot better than I thought it would. It had a fixed 10x SWFA SS on it and was just an awesome rifle. Zero recoil. I know that is subjective, and the .308 isn't a hard recoiling rifle, but I was really turned onto this rifle. I have to have one for shooting gongs and silhouettes.

My .25-06 will do it I am sure. I might just be throwing money away by buying this rifle, but I want one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Next rifle purchase is:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
OhioChief
June 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
Throwing your money away by buying a new rifle? Nonsense! That's what we do. If we cared so much about how much money we spend on this, we'd have to find something else to do! Go For It.

303 hunter
June 24, 2012, 11:09 PM
I have a 700 VTR in 308. Most accurate rifle I've ever owned. If you want it, get it!

wyohome
June 25, 2012, 12:26 AM
If I can fool someone into buying this Kimber, I might buy one of those.

proven
June 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
you won't regret it. just beware of the issues with the factory hogues stock. i have a 700p and absolutlely love it.

the ss10x42 is a fantastic scope as well. i just put one on my .22 and zeroed it this afternoon.

two top notch peices of gear!

sixgunner455
June 25, 2012, 12:36 AM
Well, shoot your .25-06 at those ranges until you get your .308. :D And have fun.

Kachok
June 25, 2012, 12:38 AM
If the SPS is the smoothest rifle you have shot in a long time you need to get out more :D Mine felt like 200grit sandpaper compared to the Sako/Tikka action. My Tikka is too smooth, I cannot feel it chamber a round at all, it is really remarkable. The Tikka is more accurate too, the only advantage the Remington had was a VASTLY better recoil pad.

If you enjoyed reading about "Next rifle purchase is:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!