S&B Small Rifle Primers

PDA

Henry45
June 26, 2012, 04:27 PM
Whats the consensus on these small rifle primers? Will be using them if they are decent in 5.56/223.

What do you guys use and prefer?

The S&B are just at a good price.

Thanks for all the info guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "S&B Small Rifle Primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FROGO207
June 26, 2012, 07:53 PM
I have used just about every other brand of primer there is out there, however S&B primers are the only ones I have not tried yet I believe. The S&B ammo has a great reputation and I have not heard of any major problems with it but the primers I will be interested in finding any information myself for future reference. FWIW I have tried CCI, Winchester, Federal, Remington, Wolf, Tula, PMC, Magtech, and Cheddite with a couple others I may have forgotten and they all worked passably in my ammo.

Centaur 1
June 26, 2012, 10:43 PM
I hope they work good, I bought 3,000 S&B large rifle primers recently at an auction. I picked them up for $5/1000, so if nothing else I'm sure they'll make good plinking ammo.

Timmypage16
June 27, 2012, 12:58 AM
I bought 10000 from grafs a few month back when they were $100 per 5000. I have shot probably 500 through my AR and have not had a problem. They go boom every time I pull the trigger and all my bullets group well with them.

RainDodger
June 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
I've probably gone through about 3,000 S&B primers in my 5.56. Excellent. No problems.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&B Small Rifle Primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!