Beretta 950BS in .22 Short: Extraction/Ejection Issues

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 29, 2012, 04:27 AM
Okay so my buddy has one of these pistols, or one very similar. Of course, pop-up barrel, etc.

He came to me to see if I could fix it, so I tried. There was some carbon build up in the chamber, like someone shot some CB's out of it or .22 blanks. Cleaned that up and the shell would pop out if you opened the chamber up with the switch, where it wouldn't do it before. Fired or not.

Then I cleaned the feed-ramp on the magazine really good, but I guess it's still having the same issues. Can it be solved with hotter loads? Or something else?

Sent from my MP3/Hands-Free/Web-Browsing Device

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 950BS in .22 Short: Extraction/Ejection Issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flashcube
June 29, 2012, 05:25 AM
Mine only ever worked reliably with high-velocity .22 Shorts from either CCI or Winchester. Standard velocity and CB shorts often would not cycle, or not cycle completely.

Find out what type of ammunition he's using, I'd be willing to bet they're standard loads. These pistols are typically pretty reliable when clean and fed hot enough ammo.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 29, 2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks, message is passed along.

Sent from my MP3/Hands-Free/Web-Browsing Device

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
He says all he uses is CCI. And to no avail.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 950BS in .22 Short: Extraction/Ejection Issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!