New Beretta PX4 - Ejection Question

PDA

marb4
June 29, 2012, 11:55 AM
Just picked up my new 9mm PX4 INOX yesterday and headed off to the range (in 100 degree heat). When researching this pistol, I read some reports that said felt recoil was noticably less with the PX4. I thought that was probably just hype until last night. Felt recoil was definately less than my other 9mms (Glock 19, Beretta 92FS, Ruger SR9c, Browning HiPower). This gun was a pleasure to shoot. Very smooth. 200 rounds with zero malfunctions of any kind. I do have one question though:

In my other 9mms, the spent cases usually tend to eject maybe 5 to 10 feet from where I'm standing. With the PX4, the were only ejecting about 2-3 feet. Is this pretty normal for the PX4? Does the dissapating energy from the rotating barrel give less forceful ejection?

It wasn't a problem and didn't cause any issues but was a curiosity. Anyway, very sweet shooter. Glad I chose it.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Beretta PX4 - Ejection Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nordeste
June 29, 2012, 01:42 PM
I had one for a while, in 9mm. What you mention happened to me as well. Spent cases landed consistently at 3ft or so. I would consider it normal. My other pistols (92FS and STAR 30M) both eject at 6-9 ft, as in your case.

The smiling swordsman
June 29, 2012, 04:18 PM
I have the same gun and would say that it consistently ejects the brass 2-4 feet.

Carter
June 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
I'd say that its pretty convenient if you reload.

StrutStopper
June 30, 2012, 12:31 AM
My Px4 .40 really throws brass. I do reload and its a bit of a pain to have to chase it all down at the public range.

Shipwreck
June 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
I have a PX4 in 9mm. Used to have one in 40 cal. In 40, it is the lowest recoiling 40 I have ever shot. It seems to do more for the 40 recoil than the 9mm recoil.

It is a low recoiling 9mm. But when shooting a PX4 and 92FS back to back in one session, t he 92 still has a tiny bit less recoil, IMHO.

Nordeste
July 16, 2012, 10:59 PM
Yep, I concur on that, Shipwreck. I have also put my ex-PX4 and my 92 "face to face" in one session. The 92 still feels a bit less snappy.

The PX4 has a reputation for being a soft recoiler, and indeed it is, but not that much to the extent, IMHO, that some say. It's a quicker recoil impulse than the 92, and it does get back to sights equally quick, I'd say, but still feels like the front sight sights travels a bit farther up than it does in the 92 or in my Star 30M.

I haven't shot any in .40 since it is still a caliber that's not so popular as a defensive option here (it is in IPSC major, though), but would love to.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Beretta PX4 - Ejection Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!