Cheaper Than Dirt Burgled

PDA

Double Naught Spy
January 30, 2003, 10:20 PM
I just saw on the local news where Cheaper Than Dirt in Ft. Worth got burgled. Apparently the only things of significance that were taken were some used revolvers. Attempts were made at getting some other guns, but no luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cheaper Than Dirt Burgled" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 30, 2003, 10:27 PM
And the beat goes on.........:banghead:

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
January 31, 2003, 01:22 AM
geez, they didn't get any deadly assault hammocks, did they? I was gonna get one for the back yard, but now I bet I have to get a hammock lock to prevent unauthorized use because of this.

Rabbit.

Schuey2002
January 31, 2003, 01:28 AM
Attempts were made at getting some other guns, but no luck. Aww, that's just too bad.. :banghead:

Double Naught Spy
January 31, 2003, 08:37 AM
Well this morning on the news, they showed video tape images of the burglar at CTD. It was a single bald-headed white guy in what looks to be a sort of leather jacket. He can be seen walked towards the camera and then passes beneath it. He did NOT wear a mask. Apparently after realizing there was a camera, he pulled his coat up over his head so that his face and head could not be seen on the way out, but too late. It looks like they are going to have some very nice images of the bad guy.

As is the case many times, the criminals are rarely Einsteins.

Kahr carrier
January 31, 2003, 08:57 AM
Duh:neener:

4v50 Gary
January 31, 2003, 09:55 AM
Since the issue of idjits and cameras were raised, three men recently stole an outdoor surveillance camera from some building in Seattle, WA. One fellow walked right up to it and looked into the lens as if studying it. None of them realized that it was being taped. Don't think Seattle PD will have trouble figuring out who he is.

Greybeard
January 31, 2003, 10:13 AM
The excerpt of tape that I saw had the guy yankin' on a rifle. There must have been a cable through all of the trigger guards on the long guns since they started falling off the rack like dominos onto the floor. If a guy is not too bothered by dings and scratches, I suspect there may be some bargains to be found on the ARs there in the next few days. And yea, the bald-headed bozo zapped by the camera better have a one-way ticket to very far away ...

El Tejon
January 31, 2003, 12:23 PM
Gary, I pitched a shoplift case where the defendants spotted the video camera after casing the joint and then put on hats and sunglasses to disguise themselves before commencing their felonies, all in front of the very same camera.:p Somehow the jury was able to sort it out within 20 minutes.:rolleyes:

Double Naught Spy
January 31, 2003, 07:39 PM
Greybeard, the rifle yanking episode is what I apparently missed last evening as my wife was shouting for me to come see CTD getting burgled. That is just amazing! How can you go in to burgle a place like that and NOT come with a mask and cable cutters? It isn't as if you can't see the cables on the guns and the security cameras from the street or if you visit the store when open you at least know about the cameras.

Should I ever have the misfortune of needing to deal face to face with the criminal element, I really really hope they come as prepared as this bozo. I am not counting on it, but am hopeful.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
January 31, 2003, 11:49 PM
I'd imagine some of the BIG dudes from behind the counter are riding around this weekend with shovel handles and a hard copy of the video looking for some dumb bald white guy with a jacket over his head. I just love stick therapy.

I guess I'll go over this weekend and contribute to the broken glass fund since I always can use something else from there.

Rabbit.

4v50 Gary
January 31, 2003, 11:56 PM
El Tejon: some crooks are very very smart and some are very very inept.

Lone Star
February 1, 2003, 06:44 AM
The irritating thing here is that the woman newscaster from Channel 5, NBC, just had to preach about what deadly weapons these assault rifles were and be oh-so-thankful that the crook hadn't been able to get them out on the street to menace the publc. She inferred that few gun dealers take such security measures, and that any dealer who didn't was morally irresponsible. To an extent, I agree with her, but I don't like the way she turned the reporting of a mostly failed burglary into an anti-gun editorial.

Locally, in the D-FW "Metroplex", Channel 4, Fox News, seems the most gun-friendly of the various broadcasters.

Lone Star

If you enjoyed reading about "Cheaper Than Dirt Burgled" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!