Del ton..any good?

PDA

ccaleb67
July 1, 2012, 03:31 PM
Iím in the market for a basic no frills inexpensive AR15 and Iím considering a Del Ton. Any body have any experience with them? Other recommendations are welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Del ton..any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
July 1, 2012, 03:32 PM
They're good, but the wait on parts is months.

DougW
July 1, 2012, 04:04 PM
3 of my 5 AR's are from kits from Del Ton. No issues, all 3 have been totally reliable and accurate.

KeithR
July 1, 2012, 05:23 PM
Look into the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport. No frills, inexpensive(starting around $600), well made(USA), reliable & accurate out of the box. If you want to do add ons, the Sport can accommodate that as well.

essayons21
July 1, 2012, 06:13 PM
I built a Del-ton AR and am very happy. I have actually had less problems with it than my Colt and a pair of DPMS'.

There are other very good bargain options out there, but one great thing about Del-ton is that you can build the exact gun you want, order it all from one place, and not still pay less than pretty much anywhere else.

kyletx1911
July 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
Own one and love it!!!!!!0

wnycollector
July 1, 2012, 07:30 PM
My non-CL 20" government profiled DT is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. It is accurate, reliable and inexpensive. Since my rifle does not have a chrome lined barrel, it is slightly picky about certain types of russian steel case ammo. It runs 100% on any of the Bear ammo's and WPA, but it's a jammo-o-matic with Tula and Tulammo. The rifle is 100% reliable with any brass cased ammo.

malakili
July 1, 2012, 11:19 PM
Another thumbs up for Del-Ton. I did my first AR build using a Del-Ton midlength complete upper, non-chrome lined. I have over 500 rounds through it so far, mostly 55gr Federal .223 and Tula steel 55gr .223, with some 62gr 5.56mm. I keep it oiled up with Mobil One 10w30 and have had zero problems. I love it.

GunnerShotz
July 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
I will confess to being concerned that they are a smaller manufacturer. I can tell you though that the Sport I bought has been reliable as the sunrise so far.

HKGuns
July 1, 2012, 11:43 PM
I have a Del-ton and am 100% satisfied for the amount of money I put into it.....which is minimal. Bought the Lower on sale....It has an SSA trigger so it isn't 100% bone stock Del-ton, but the entire upper is all Del-ton.

It hasn't had a single stoppage of any kind.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v38/p180505795-5.jpg

fatcat4620
July 2, 2012, 07:48 AM
Another +1 for delton. I never had a non mag related issue.

Jeff H
July 2, 2012, 07:54 AM
No issues with the one I have either. It works 100% of the time and is better than 1-1/2" off sand bags at 100 yards with good ammo.

When I ordered mine a couple of years ago there was a back order on barrels so the order took a month or so but Del-ton answered the phone when I called and returned a couple of emails I sent and kept me in the loop. How they handled my last purchase would give me enough confidence to buy again with no reservations.

meanmrmustard
July 2, 2012, 05:30 PM
Look into the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport. No frills, inexpensive(starting around $600), well made(USA), reliable & accurate out of the box. If you want to do add ons, the Sport can accommodate that as well.
+1.

If you enjoyed reading about "Del ton..any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!