Polish Archer AK (Beryl) Review

PDA

sturmgewehr
July 1, 2012, 08:04 PM
The Archer is a Polish made rifle based on the Beryl AK used by the Polish armed forces. The rifle is neutered for the US market with fixed U.S. made stocks, I.O. Inc. pistol grip and Tapco trigger. However, the rifle is capable of incredible accuracy using XM193F 55gr ball.

Here's the full review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLzMOfCk8yg

Questions and comments are welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Polish Archer AK (Beryl) Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
July 1, 2012, 08:18 PM
VERY nice looking AK. Groups like an AR. I love the stamp on the sight base.

I think the reason the barrel extends under the muzzle device is because the military barrel is <16", but I'm not too sure.

You're an amazing shot with AK irons, by the way... absolutely insane.

Great review.

fatcat4620
July 2, 2012, 09:20 AM
Gear review of a great gun. The only problem is the price point.

sturmgewehr
July 2, 2012, 03:35 PM
I agree, the price is high.

I've had several Poles mention to me that the rifles are even expensive in their country, so it's not surprising they're expensive here as well.

I have found a source for the rails and stocks, although the stocks are out of stock at the time. The rail is $79.

JSNAPS
July 2, 2012, 09:36 PM
Do you feel that the price point will ever come down in the near future? I really want one but after turning it into a "Beryl" I could just buy a high end AR.

TurtlePhish
July 2, 2012, 09:37 PM
after turning it into a "Beryl" I could just buy a high end AR.

Sure, you could, but an AR isn't an AK. ;)

Cal-gun Fan
July 3, 2012, 12:07 AM
Keep in mind the 1:10 twist rate of the Beryl, too. Not a fan.

If you enjoyed reading about "Polish Archer AK (Beryl) Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!