Need some reassurance on Single Six 22 mag cylinder fit...

PDA

Cluster Bomb
July 2, 2012, 12:26 PM
alright, well I purchased a 22 mag cylinder for fathers day for my father in law.

He has (once was mine =p) a 1973 Ruger single six wit 22lr cyl. (pre warning non 3 screw)

I purchased a 22 mag cyl off of GB, the seller had a caliper measurement of 1.6xxx inches. when it arrived I installed it, the timing looks good. Each action the cyl turns and the "hol" lines up with the barrel and no side gaps. there is a very minute gap between the cyl and the barrel. and no gap between the latch and cyl. Also there is virtually no wiggle to the cyl.

my question to those whom may know. Is that. Was the 1973 models ever mad in 22lr only? or wer they all made to fit the 22 mag? This one i purchased only had the 22lr cyl, side of gun says 22 cal. nothing about 22lr only. Also is it an acceptable fit? seems tight and cycles great and seems to ling up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some reassurance on Single Six 22 mag cylinder fit..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
danjet500
July 2, 2012, 08:44 PM
If it has adjustable sights it is a Super Single Six and was shipped as a convertible.

I would shoot it and find out. JMHO

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some reassurance on Single Six 22 mag cylinder fit..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!