Has anyone used this ammo????????? 45 ACP

PDA

xxxleafybugxxx
July 17, 2012, 08:53 PM
Its called grizzly xtreme 175 gr jhp +p.
Based on this video, it seems pretty nasty, but I have not heard much about it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fvUhGp0mRc

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone used this ammo????????? 45 ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NG VI
July 18, 2012, 08:36 PM
Super wide expanding, super shallow penetrating, honestly if expansion is what you like to see from a defense bullet (if it penetrates acceptably I'll take the most expansion available) then the current generation Ranger-T from Winchester and the HST from Federal are the way to go, they penetrate a respectable amount, expand very reliably, and expand to a very large degree, unless you measure the widest and narrowest points and average them, then they expand exactly the same as every other name-brand JHP.

silicosys4
July 19, 2012, 02:10 PM
Looks very "tacticool", almost like there was more money spent on its marketing than on its testing and development. I'd avoid the "boutique" ammo brands and stick with loads that have data to back their effectiveness claims.

NG VI
July 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
The name-brand JHPs that win big contracts with agencies that actually test what's being offered are the ones to go with. They are designed to do well in the battery of tests that the FBI uses, and while it's an imperfect testing system, it's the best thing available.

If a bullet does well in the FBI tests and expands well, it's a safe bet that picking it will give you a bullet that will deliver the goods consistently under the widest range of circumstances.

Then you just have to practice and do what you can to stay out of trouble.

You'll notice the loads doing the best in the FBI protocols these days are generally heavy or medium weight for caliber, rarely are loaded super hot, in 9mm and .45 you tend to see all weights and pressure offerings of a given bullet delivering basically identical performance, and you almost never see anything all that exotic, because the really 'interesting' bullets don't tend to perform well under a wide range of circumstances or penetrate poorly.

ArchAngelCD
July 20, 2012, 01:30 AM
Is that a bullet of a ninja-star? lol

Like said above, if it penetrates enough that looks like a nasty SD round.
I have used Grizzly ammo before (not the Extreme) and I load Cast Performance bullet which are the same bullets used by Grizzly and I like both. The ammo is of very high quality.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone used this ammo????????? 45 ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!