What do you think of this deal? S&W M&P .40c

PDA

FireInCairo
July 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
I was at the local shop and they were just taking in a 4 month old S&W M&P .40c. It came with the original two shorter magazines, as well as a standard magazine with the spacer.

Additionally, it came with three nice holsters. A brown leather owb (Galco?), a black leather iwb which fit like a glove, and a a kydex molded one which fit nicely, too.

I was checking out a standard M&P .40, and it didn't feel too comfortable in my hand. Then I picked up the compact version with the standard clip with the spacer and I was like, "Wow!" It felt perfect in my hands. I liked the sights on it, too.

Anyhow, they wanted $480 for everything, so I put $50 bucks down on it and will be picking it up early next week.

What do you think? Fair deal? I know I will likely try the different holsters and choose one and sell the others. I may also sell or trade the two smaller magazines for another standard one with another spacer. I don't like the short grip whatsoever. I would only want to use this with the full grip. It feels perfect, though how it feels shooting remains to be seen.

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you think of this deal? S&W M&P .40c" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FireInCairo
July 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
Not that great of a deal, huh?

DAdams
July 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
$468 new from Buds.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_39_71/products_id/411549122/SW+TALO+M%26P40C+40SW+COMPACT+X+GRIP+ADAPTER

Includes shipping.

FireInCairo
July 20, 2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah... What do these come stock with? Two magazines or three? Maybe I could haggle them down a bit before I follow through. I put $50 bucks down and was planning on buying it outright Sunday when some funds cleared my account.

What would be a reasonable offer out the door?

checkmyswag
July 20, 2012, 08:05 PM
If the holsters are high quality and you like them and the gun is in great shape then its not a bad deal.

Watch your lane.

FireInCairo
July 20, 2012, 10:41 PM
The holsters are really nice quality. I could see myself using any of them, though I would probably end up preferring one over the other two. I'm a little soft around the middle right now, so maybe an IWB wouldn't work so well? :uhoh:

I think I'm gonna go for it. I'm in a high-cost of living area, which means everything is more expensive. I checked another very reputable shop and they have a similar deal for $450, but without any of the holsters.

Fatdaddy
July 21, 2012, 12:18 AM
At first glance it sounds a little high but you are getting an extra mag worth $25-$30 and the holsters are worth a minimum of $20-$30 a piece.
Try all the holsters and you can resell the ones you aren't wild about on THR to recoup some of the cost.
The M&Pc is an awesome gun, it'd be hard to get a new one for that price OTD.

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you think of this deal? S&W M&P .40c" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!