Has a woman changed your shooting habits?

PDA

Ryder
January 31, 2003, 03:41 AM
Check out how far this poor guy has gone to please his wife.

No Hunting Allowed (http://users3.ev1.net/~jtclay/fishin.htm)

If you enjoyed reading about "Has a woman changed your shooting habits?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Byron Quick
January 31, 2003, 04:10 AM
URL wouldn't open for me.

A woman I dated a few times early last year made this remark:"No firearm can be brought into my house." My reply was that I would never cross her threshhold. I never have.

Life's too short to waste on such. I shoot. I carry. I collect. I hunt. I fish. I'm going to continue to do so. If you don't like these activities...see ya!

3 gun
January 31, 2003, 04:40 AM
Yep! Since our first trip to the range I haven't been able to shoot my Ruger 22/45. I can't keep it out of her hands.:D May just have to look for a new one at the show this weekend. I'm with BQ, my RIGHT isn't open to negotiation. (Neither is my motorcycle);)

Lennyjoe
January 31, 2003, 07:50 AM
I married a girl from WVA and she grew up around guns. So it didnt bother her one bit.

Was around rifles most of her life so when she took the .357 out shooting one day the rest you could say is history.

If I go to the range without her she gets hell bent for leather. We alternate who gets the next weapon.

I was first then her and so on. Its my turn when I get back to the world.

Viking6
January 31, 2003, 07:57 AM
Yes, my wife won't let me shoot in the house.

Rickstir
January 31, 2003, 08:10 AM
As a widower, I was kind of floundering in life then I met the current misses. She is 16 years younger than me so I call her my little retirement package. When she was growing up, there were no guns around. Father did not hunt or shoot.
She had no problem with my guns but did not want to shoot them. We moved from the BIG city out to my farm, permanently about six years ago. All of a sudden about 18 months ago, she wanted to learn to shoot. She is alone sometimes and she really wanted to be able to protect the chickens, dogs and cats in case some predator came along. Then she saw my Colt .22 pistol. It was love at first sight. She has been shooting and is really quite good.

I had to smile last week. I got home late, about 7:00 and it was dark. She was standing in the driveway looking out towards one of our pastures. "Heard a dog bark out there in close" she said. She had that .22 and was ready to defend the homestead. Just a few years ago she would have called a neighbor and hid in the closet. Not any more!:D I consider myself very lucky to have found her.

Marshall
January 31, 2003, 08:11 AM
Has a woman changed your shooting habits?

Yep, can now shoot doggy style. :neener:

Kahr carrier
January 31, 2003, 08:21 AM
NOPE Never Will.:neener:

Ryder
January 31, 2003, 08:53 AM
It's humor... An animated cartoon about a guy who's wife made him stop deer hunting and take up fishing instead. Very funny from my point of view. It really says a lot about male/female social interaction.

I can't tell what language the program is written in? It appears to be like one of those Flash videos.

Will Fennell
January 31, 2003, 08:57 AM
One tried to.....now I'm divorced:neener:

4v50 Gary
January 31, 2003, 10:23 AM
Great cartoon. Thanks.

Selfdfenz
January 31, 2003, 10:39 AM
Yes, but the divorce fixed that problem.
Simplify.
S-

Tamara
January 31, 2003, 10:47 AM
...that I've changed a couple of people's shooting habits:

"Keep your frigging finger off the trigger 'til you're ready to shoot!"
"Frontsightfrontsightfrontsight!"
"Grip the pistol in a straight line with your forearm, don't roll your hand around to the side like that."
"If you laser me with that muzzle one more time, I'm going to take that gun and beat you to death with it!"

:D

10-Ring
January 31, 2003, 10:47 AM
Yup, I was (was ;) ) married to one who didn't even want our infant son to have water guns that even looked remotely like real runs :rolleyes: My son had the coolest watergun collection in town :evil:

Oleg Volk
January 31, 2003, 11:05 AM
Yes, thanks to runt, I now shoot 8mm and 7.62x54 routinely...before tI thought they kicked too much. Maybe I'll try her M44 next.

Sven
January 31, 2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I no longer fondle my guns as much (when she is around) - other priorities now. :p

El Tejon
January 31, 2003, 12:19 PM
Tamara, excellent responses.

I wouldn't say "changed my habits" as much as enlightened or "changed my perception of myself." I grew up in an all male shooting environment, my governmental service was heavily male, the gun camps are 99% male, the classes I teach (lecture) are all male, and my shooting buddies are all men.

I have taken gfs to the range before, but the first time I attempted to "instruct" a female (just recently), I realized how little I knew. Back to the classroom.

PAshooter
January 31, 2003, 12:51 PM
Great cartoon, Ryder :D :D :D

Ummm... please don't yell at me Tamara... I'll try to do better next time ;)

PATH
January 31, 2003, 12:54 PM
NOPE!:D :neener:

scottgun
January 31, 2003, 12:58 PM
I still miss my ex-girl friend, but my aim is getting better.

:D

funbob
January 31, 2003, 01:05 PM
Yeah, my ammo bill has doubled :D

Jim Watson
January 31, 2003, 02:24 PM
Well, once upon a time I was dropping a lot of trap targets from No 5. A Lady trapshooter analyzed my stance and swing and told me what to change. I have missed many fewer right-angle targets since then.

pizzaaguy
January 31, 2003, 02:48 PM
YES!

My wife encourages me to practice!
She also encouraged me to get my concealed carry permit
and has NO reservations about me carrying.
She used to be quite a good shot herself until she had to
stop shooting due to medical reasons.

So for all you guys who have 'woman' problems...:neener:

BerettaNut92
January 31, 2003, 03:11 PM
My girl told me she'd leave me if I bought one more Beretta.

Sure gonna miss her. :D

Half the new shooters I take are women. It just means I go to the range to teach, not to shoot and hang out as usual. There's plenty of time to do what I want, but teaching new folks SAFELY is the best investment for the RKBA movement.

Freedom in theSkies
January 31, 2003, 03:15 PM
My other half is an avid shootist and loves going to the range.
Last sunday when we got back from the range, she said "well we better clean those guns now"....
Love ya' babe!:cool:

coonan357
January 31, 2003, 04:50 PM
as TFl alumni remember I was engaged to a wonderfull woman who wanted to learn how to shoot so I taught her and her son , then she broke off the engagement and I took it really hard emotionally , so I quit shooting for a while . she called me a few weeks ago and asked if I still had the 686 she shot and she said it should be hers since it was a preengagement present ( only on the grounds of marriage ) I told her come back and marry me and it will be hers with the rest of the collection . I am not holding my breath . but I do miss her especially when I had to teach her up close and personal :D :D she was getting the hang of it . the shooting that is .:o

106rr
February 1, 2003, 03:19 AM
A disgruntled employee threatened to kill several people at work incuding my wife. This was a very serious threat investigated by the homicide squad of a major PD. The attempted killer was female. After that mess, my wife never complained about having guns around. That was the first time in her life that she realized that bad people kill good people for nothing. Needless to say, this incident drastically altered our security profile.

stans
February 1, 2003, 09:44 AM
I used to go to the range all of the time and shot two or three matches a month, until I got serious with a woman. Now I am lucky to get to the range four or five times a year. She does not mind me shooting, owning or carrying, but now there are other things I have to do. Getting kind of tired of this, a change may be in the wind...

Kharn
February 1, 2003, 10:43 AM
My girlfriend has changed my habits: I only get to shoot half as much as I would like and when shooting clays, I have to use her dad's 20 gauge (she claims my 12ga as soon as I park the truck). I also totally forget I own a 1911 when we're at the range, because I never get to use it.

Kharn

MountainPeak
February 1, 2003, 09:20 PM
Not now, but the first time my ex called me and asked when we were going shooting again, it was the first time I fired at targets while looking behind me! Before that day my habit was to look towards them. Ten years later, I still hit the woods, set up targets, and shoot with her as much as anyone. My grand daughter thinks it is great fun when "Nanna" out shoots me. I just tell her, so what, I taught her how.:D

Soap
February 1, 2003, 10:25 PM
My wife has changed my shooting habits in a number of different ways. She encourages my shooting so I'm much more motivated to shoot. She truly appreciates the skill and dedication it takes to be proficient with firearms. In addition, marriage was a good financial move so I have more guns to play with now :D

P-35/53
February 2, 2003, 01:35 AM
Yes my wife has changerd my shooting habits - last week she told me to go to the range and asked did I want her to go or stay home. She also has changed my shooting by suggesting guns I should buy. The only thing I can't get over is that pink grip on her NA Black Widow.

Zundfolge
February 2, 2003, 01:45 AM
I can't say that a woman has changed my shooting habits, because I had the woman before I got real interested in shooting.

However, if I didn't have the woman I'd own a lot more guns and shoot a lot more often (she's not an anti, just a penny-pincher).

Kahr carrier
February 2, 2003, 02:43 AM
That cartoon is funny ,had to watch it again.:D :neener:

Jspy
February 2, 2003, 09:47 AM
I would say, if you're drawing breathe, it goes without saying....:rolleyes:

Tamara
February 2, 2003, 11:01 AM
Yes, thanks to runt, I now shoot 8mm and 7.62x54 routinely...before tI thought they kicked too much. Maybe I'll try her M44 next.

Coming soon: Oleg's tell-all autobiography, I Was A Recoil Sissy-Boy Until Runt_Of_The_Litter Changed My Life!

;) :D

p35
February 2, 2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah, by getting pregnant. The boys cut into my free (range) time heavily and I can't leave loaded guns laying around the house any more. Not that they aren't worth it, though.

BerettaNut92
February 2, 2003, 09:43 PM
I set aside range time to let them shoot. I let off 50 rounds max but that's pushing it. Usually rent a .22.

Time to pick up that Beretta .22 conversion.

thumbtack
February 3, 2003, 10:06 AM
Yeah, by getting pregnant. The boys cut into my free (range) time heavily and I can't leave loaded guns laying around the house any more. Not that they aren't worth it, though.

I could not agree more.

MLH
February 3, 2003, 03:42 PM
She spends my ammo money if I don't watch her!:what: :cuss: :banghead: :D

T.Stahl
February 3, 2003, 04:33 PM
My shooting habits were changed twice by women.

There's the wife of friend, who told me that ear plugs are a bad compromise. They don't cover the whole ear, so sound will be transmitted by the bones around the ear and that will sooner rather than later lead to hearing loss. I immediately bought some good ear muffs.

Then, after a match, a woman told me I should change my stance. Until then I was shooting in a very strict isosceles stance and "rolled" from my toes to my heals during recoil. She said I should stand a bit more slanting, with my right foot farther back than my left. It helped.

redneck
February 3, 2003, 08:24 PM
I know a guy who came home to the farm from a business trip, and his wife had SOLD ALL of his guns and fishing tackle. 5 or 6 shotguns, a winchester varmint rifle, rods, reels, everything had disappeared without a trace, and not a friggin dime to show for it. :eek: :what: :cuss: They were divorced soon after .

Mauserlady
February 3, 2003, 09:33 PM
Yes.... absolutely I have changed David's shooting habits....

I guarantee he goes out more now that I'm in the picture then he did before. He actually (not always but is getting better) stocks up on ammo now instead of buying as he goes.

He practices weak hand, Ok so it's only because we have contests to see who is better....

PUMC_TomG
February 5, 2003, 05:49 AM
You shoulda passed the dame farther down the firing line to me!!!

I was instructing (and converted) an anti- at the meeting two weeks ago... And she kept all her rounds on the target.

Next time make sure she sees her way into my accomplished hands. Just ask Flory, he knows I speak the truth. :D

Soap
February 5, 2003, 09:05 AM
Tom- To quote Ice Cube: "Pimpin' ain't easy but its necessary..." :D

El Tejon
February 5, 2003, 09:47 AM
These kids today . . . .:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Has a woman changed your shooting habits?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!