Why didn't M&P go with +1 or +2 floorplates for compact?

PDA

Skribs
July 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
The S&W M&P series pistol seems to come standard with the pinky extension floorplate. I got to fondle a M&P in the store the other day, and noticed the floorplate seems to be a very inefficient design compared to the other pinky extension models on the market. Most of the other ones I've seen offer +1 or +2 capacity in addition to the extra grip length, but the M&P seems to only add to the grip. Considering that the bottom of the grip extension is hollow, it makes me wonder why they couldn't add some capacity in there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why didn't M&P go with +1 or +2 floorplates for compact?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Plan2Live
July 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
Skribs - I agree 100%. They offer the Shield with an extended mag holding more rounds. I held the Shield with the extended mag and it felt just about right.

On the other hand, I've held and operated pistols with the angled pinky extension and I prefer a flat base when smacking the mag home. I find the angle created by the pinky extension to be disconcerting as a positive base to push against. I had an opportunity to buy a new in the box S&W CS9 and it came with the angled bottom mags and that was one of the main reasons I passed on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why didn't M&P go with +1 or +2 floorplates for compact?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!