Colt Mustang Pocketlite Question

PDA

rlwills
July 23, 2012, 02:28 PM
I recently purchased a Colt Mustang Pocketlite.

It states the magazine capacity is 6 rounds, but I cannot squeeze more the 5 rounds into it.

Is there a trick to getting the 6th round into the clip or do you have to be "Man Mountain Dean" to do it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Mustang Pocketlite Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
barneyrw
July 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
Mine loads 6 rounds easily, but it is one of the older ones.

ssyoumans
July 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
Mine loads 6 rounds easily, but it is one of the older ones.

Mine too.

rcmodel
July 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
New mags = Stiff springs.

If you can man up and get the sixth round in it?
Leave it loaded for a few days and the new spring will take a set at the length it is supposed to be.

After that, it won't get any weaker if left loaded.

rc

bannockburn
July 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
All of my Mustang magazines hold 6 rounds but I seem to recall that some early ones held only 5 rounds. One source I found stated that 5 round mags were used up to 1991-92 when new 6 round mags became standard. The Mustang Plus II also came with a 7 round mag.

rlwills
July 23, 2012, 09:54 PM
The Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite I have has what looks to be a serial number of PL20996.

Could it only have a 5 round clip?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Mustang Pocketlite Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!