Good and bad

PDA

activsean
July 23, 2012, 07:14 PM
I just received 2000 friendswood 155 grain 40 cal boolits from powder valley. I loaded up 100 or so with 5.2 grains of bullseye and took them to the range. The good was that I was shooting inch or less groups at 10 yards and 2-3 inch groups at 20 yards out of my sig 226. The most accurate that I have shot. The bad was that I had 3 rounds out of the hundred that failed to go into battery in the sig. The gun has about 8000 rounds through it. Prior to this, I have always shot or loaded 180 grain boolits in the gun and have never had one single burp from the gun.
Is the spring going bad or am I loading too light???

If you enjoyed reading about "Good and bad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Certaindeaf
July 23, 2012, 08:24 PM
It well could be too light but I doubt it. If the load locks the slide back, it should be strong enough/full power enough to chamber a good round.
I think your chamber/throat might be a little tight/short and or some of those slugs/case combo are just too wide to seat.
Make sure to do the "plunk test" with your removed barrel. Good luck

If you enjoyed reading about "Good and bad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!