Body Armored Baddies - Where Does this Leave Concealed Carriers?

PDA

CmdrSlander
July 25, 2012, 05:46 PM
I never would have expected to face a body armor equipped foe in a Concealed Carry scenario... until now. In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colorado tragedy, I have begun to consider body armor, and the ability of various handguns to defeat it, when selecting my next concealed sidearm. My thoughts immediately turned to the FN Five-seveN, but, as another thread on this forum mentioned, the AP loads are not available to the general public (in light of this tragedy, I really think they should be). What calibers, in their civilian form, pose a serious threat to body armor? 10mm? .357 Sig? .38 Super? Can the 5.7x28mm be legally hand loaded to armor defeating velocities?

If you enjoyed reading about "Body Armored Baddies - Where Does this Leave Concealed Carriers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dogtown tom
July 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
Contrary to the media reports, few "baddies" actually wear body armor. The Aurora nutjob was not wearing body armor.

I don't know if its very High Road to discuss how to defeat body armor given that 99% of those who wear it are police officers.

Sam1911
July 25, 2012, 06:16 PM
Several threads touching on this already.

If you enjoyed reading about "Body Armored Baddies - Where Does this Leave Concealed Carriers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!