No more hex mosins?

PDA

cbuttre835
July 27, 2012, 07:36 PM
Well I didn't quite finish the Mosin collection yet; want one of each - round and hex, // Tula and Izhevsk for a total of 4, (and maybe a couple laminated rifles too). But no one has hex Mosins any more... tried J&G, Aim, Classic, Centerfire, and SOG.

anywhere else to look?

If you enjoyed reading about "No more hex mosins?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Texan Scott
July 27, 2012, 07:51 PM
Gunbroker.com

happygeek
July 27, 2012, 08:12 PM
Keep watching Classic Arms, I got a 1931 manufacture Hex receiver Mosin from them in excellent/like new condition 2 or 3 months ago for $99. It was their 'Rifle of the Day' and was marked down because it has electro penciled serial #s on the bolt and magazine.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x297/fdhs_runner/Firearms/IMGP0013-1.jpg

The bayonet SN doesn't match either, but it mounts to the rifle fine. Personally I don't really care about electro-penciled SNs, I just wanted a Hex receiver one since I read they quit making them prior to WW2, therefore if I ordered one I'd know I was getting one from the 1930s.

About a week after I ordered mine I saw a Dragoon era Mosin pop up on their 'Rifle of the Day' for $150. Someone else jumped on that one like a fat kid on a doughnut.

On a sidenote, I swear I heard nutnfancy remark that the sporterized Mosin they were shooting on video was a 1927 manufacture. Maybe he didn't realize those go for an extra $50 - 60 ...

valnar
July 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
If you spend a little more, you can probably still find a hex Finnish M39 instead. I like 'em better anyway.

mookiie
July 27, 2012, 11:49 PM
I just heard aim surplus has hex mosins for 110. Check them out.

One_Jackal
July 28, 2012, 01:03 AM
I just bought a hex mosin made in 1930. It also has the laminated stock. I got it at a LGS for $139. I would try to find one locally for obvious reasons. If you want to gamble online buds has them.

Fred_G
July 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yes, looks like AIM has them in stock. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3Mosin9130HEX&name=Russian+1891%2f30+7.62x54R+Hex+Mosin+Nagant+Rifle&groupid=254

Wow, they have a round receiver for $89... Tempting.

If you enjoyed reading about "No more hex mosins?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!