New Sr9 Range Report

PDA

Armedleprechaun
July 27, 2012, 09:09 PM
I shot mostly at 7-10 yards. It feels very good in my hand. Probably better then any semiauto I've tried. Also, I was very pleased with its accuracy. I did experience some issues though. Out of approximately 210 rounds I had 4 double feeds and, 1 stovepipe. These malfunctions occurred with WWB 115 grain ammunition.

The other ammo I had was 124 grain Aguilla fmj. That worked flawlessly, along with some HST's. Aside from the malfunctions, I love this pistol. Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "New Sr9 Range Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MikePaiN
July 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
If you haven't thoroughly cleaned out all the factory grease and gunk, do that and it should work out its minor kinks.....
Enjoy the gun

wbwanzer
July 28, 2012, 09:07 PM
Congrats on your new SR9 :D Hope your problems are over.

I'm in the process of getting an SR9c. Very similar I hear.

marksg
July 29, 2012, 01:23 AM
I just got an SR9 also. I gave it a good cleaning before shooting and no problems at all. (300 rounds federal 115 gr fmj,cheap stuff)

Did you get all the factory grease off before you shot it?

Dekkard
July 29, 2012, 03:42 AM
mine eats everything i feed it.
one of the finest 9mm semi autos. on par with my glock and sig
2000+ rounds and counting without one issue

Armedleprechaun
July 29, 2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks everybody.

Armedleprechaun
July 31, 2012, 12:47 AM
Going to the range again Friday. Asked Ruger about my problems with WWB. They said if everything else worked it was the ammo not the gun. IMO, a defense gun should work with all brands of ammo. I hope Friday goes well.

TarDevil
July 31, 2012, 01:42 AM
WWB is the ONLY ammo that has given my SR9c any issues. Otherwise.... 1000 trouble free rounds down range.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Sr9 Range Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!