22 Remington BR

PDA

moonzapa
July 28, 2012, 12:46 AM
I'm having a Rem 700 in .243 Win converted to the 22 Rem. BR chambering. Do any of you any experience with this caliber? What are some good bullets and powder would you recommend.

Thanks!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "22 Remington BR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TonyAngel
July 28, 2012, 04:04 AM
Man, you don't see too many of those around. I don't anyway. From what I remember it's capable of some pretty impressive accuracy, although I don't think it's appropriate for longer range shooting. It's still a .22 and will suffer the limitations of the caliber.

Still, it's a zinger of a round for a .22. Of course, I'm no expert on the subject. I just got to play around with the caliber a tad bit. It's a bit of a PITA to load for, having to form your own brass, but I think you'll have fun with it. I suppose that you can compare it to a 5.56 on a double dose of steroids. I read someplace that it can be compared to a .22-250 in terms of ballistics, but I have almost no experience with the .22-250 so I'm just parroting something that I read.

As for powder, Varget has been my goto powder for calibers that it is appropriate for and it's what I used.

I didn't play around with it enough to get a read on barrel life. Have fun poking small holes.

hardluk1
July 28, 2012, 09:36 AM
For info on the 22br go here on bullet weight and twist for your needs-http://www.6mmbr.com/22BR.html

Are you makeing a varment rifle , instead of picking one of the many 6mm cartidges that are the dominate cartidges in long range shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "22 Remington BR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!