Who's gonna be the first to Ceracoat a Rail Gun tan?

PDA

cyclopsshooter
July 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm thinking about finding a used Rail Gun, get the tan coat, a flat mainspring housing with lanyard loop, triji sights, short trigger, and wilson mag- Yeah, I think it's nutty too but it will be so cool to set it next to some real G.I. pistols :D Hell, might even stamp United States Property for giggles :p

Scratch this mental fart.. as soon as I do one Colt will release it for commercial sale....

If you enjoyed reading about "Who's gonna be the first to Ceracoat a Rail Gun tan?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Auto426
July 29, 2012, 10:08 PM
There's already a member on the 1911forum that had Colt customize his Rail Gun with a two tan tan/black cerakote job. He had it done before the contract was announced, but it produced a very sharp looking pistol.

So far Colt has been silent about producing a commercial version of the CQBP, but I'm willing to bet we will see one in the near future. If not, Colt's custom shop has some pretty reasonable prices for custom work and they are certainly capable of recreating the CQBP if you want.

SharpsDressedMan
July 30, 2012, 01:39 PM
Isn't the Kimber Desert Warrior (do I have that right?) about the same thing? I thought I saw a Kimber with a rail and tan colored.........

cyclopsshooter
July 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
Can't do it, I'm a Colt fanboy.

SharpsDressedMan
July 30, 2012, 07:35 PM
http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/custom-ii/desertwarrior

Auto426
July 30, 2012, 07:44 PM
The Desert Warrior was Kimber's commercial version of the guns they built for the Marines once upon a time. As you can see by looking at the new Colt, their needs don't seem to have changed much.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who's gonna be the first to Ceracoat a Rail Gun tan?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!