Speer Gold Dot Question

PDA

jp3
July 30, 2012, 08:09 PM
I finally lucked out and was able to pick up a very nice used Les Baer TRS. I've run a couple hundred rounds through it, and the accuracy is astonishing. This will be my edc.

Over the years I've always used Speer Gold Dots for my Glock .40s and my 1911s. However, this morning I decided to call Les and see what jhp he prefers in his pistols. He recommended either Federal Hydashock or Remington Golden Saber.

I ran 2 boxes of .230 grn Gold Dots and a bunch of ball and had no issues... as the pistol has been broken in by the previous owner. I'm wondering if I should bother switching to one of Les's recommendations or just stick with the Gold Dots?

Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Speer Gold Dot Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skoro
July 30, 2012, 08:17 PM
Gold Dots have a very good record and are used by a number of large law enforcement agencies. If they run well in your 1911 and it's your preference, then that's what you should load. That said, the Golden Sabers and Hydrashocks are good rounds, too. If you went with either of them you'd still be well armed.

Shawn Dodson
July 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Who cares what Les says!

If you prefer Gold Dots and they function reliably in your pistol then go for it and don't look back.

skt239
July 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
That's just his preference. It might have something to do with how he shoots with them. Since there are no reliability issues, I'd go with the GD.

TarDevil
July 31, 2012, 12:44 AM
I'd go with the GD.
Ayep!

strykerfire
July 31, 2012, 12:58 AM
i love gold dots. Hydra shoks and golden sabre all great rounds. I try to own at least one box of everything. I carry Powerball by Glasser/Corbon, Winchester Ranger T-Series, and mostly though my favorite Black Talons.

Shmackey
July 31, 2012, 01:23 AM
Gold Dots are better than Hydrashocks in nearly every way. Les is just being Les.

If you enjoyed reading about "Speer Gold Dot Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!