Bushmaster M17S

PDA

el Godfather
July 31, 2012, 03:34 PM
Dear THR:
How many of you own M17S? I have had this rifle for a while. I thought about selling it a fews times then I didnt. I am glad I kept it. I find it to be very accurate with scope. I have shot some awesome targets out to 400 yards.

What are you views?
Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushmaster M17S" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
July 31, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hands down my favorite rifle, but I have done a great deal of customization to get it where I wanted it. It is surprisingly accurate, extremely reliable, superbly balanced, and just plain fun to shoot. Things will really be going downhill for me to even consider selling.

Here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=459222) is a thread that I put together a while back detailing some of the work that I performed.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/Maverick223_album/IMG_4668.jpg

BTW, 20rnd magazines (particularly Lancer L-5s) are very well suited to the platform.

:)

TexasPatriot.308
July 31, 2012, 11:46 PM
just wondering (I have a thread on a Bushmaster question and getting no info) I recently got a new Bushmaster .308 OCR, it has BFI, Windham Maine on the lower assembly, along with LR-308, which is the DPMS designation. how is your rifle marked ?

Maverick223
August 1, 2012, 12:43 AM
Mine is marked as follows:

BFI
WINDHAM, ME
U.S.A.
CAL.223-5.56
MOD. M17S
serial number

TexasPatriot.308
August 1, 2012, 12:51 AM
I know Bushmaster sold to Cerberus (sp) along with Remington and Marlin I think, and Rock River took the BAR10 design, now Mr. Dykes the Busmaster original owner came out of retirement and started again as Windham arms. I heard DPMS has something to do with it and the LR-308 just seems to confirm it, thanks for the info. neat looking rifle, guess an old timer like me (an old grunt) sticks to weapons like I used 40 years ago.

Maverick223
August 1, 2012, 10:50 AM
No problem. Interesting news regarding Windham Arms, that's the first I've heard about them, but I hope that they do well. As a side note, it would be nice to see someone bring back the M17S design, but I seriously doubt that will happen unless someone else buys the rights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushmaster M17S" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!