BERETTA MINI COUGAR vs Glock 26

PDA

lobo9er
August 1, 2012, 09:08 AM
Is the Beretta as small as the glock 26 by pictures its hard to tell. http://www.genitron.com/HandgunDB/DBImages/beretta-8000m.gif
http://wctle.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/glock26.jpg

Or close to it? More concerned with thickness for ccw.

If you enjoyed reading about "BERETTA MINI COUGAR vs Glock 26" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ATLDave
August 1, 2012, 09:42 AM
I know the full-size Beretta is VERY thick. I suspect the same is true of the compact; usually compacts just get shorter, not thinner.

lobo9er
August 1, 2012, 10:45 AM
kinda what I thought. I mos def do not need another gun or caliber but a compact 9mm is on my mind. maybe it will pass. The beretta just looks nice.

Shipwreck
August 1, 2012, 12:48 PM
The mini cougar will be thicker than the G26, by a little.

Go check out the S&W Shield. Very small, and people who shoot the G26 and Shield 9mm back to back claim that the Glock actually has more recoil.

I owned a G26 for 8 years in the 19902/early 2000s... BUt, I never really liked it. And, its been so long ago that I cannot really recall the recoil level.

Fotno
August 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
I looked at a Beretta Nano the other day, and that thing is tiny. So if you want a 9mm Beretta smaller than a G26 the Nano would be an option.

Shipwreck
August 2, 2012, 12:00 PM
I am a huge Beretta fan, as everyone knows. But they are having lots of bugs with the NANO, as per people's stories on various forums. It seems to be getting better, though.

The NANO just feels strange to me. WAY too high bore axis. I like the M&P Shield much more

2wheels
August 2, 2012, 12:13 PM
From the specs I've found, the Cougar is about the same height but is about .7 inches longer. It's also 1.5" wide vs. 1.18" for the G26.

Some people can pocket carry the G26, having owned a Cougar I don't feel that it's in the same size category even with the grip chopped off.

If you enjoyed reading about "BERETTA MINI COUGAR vs Glock 26" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!