I think its gonna be a takedown 10-22 with the birthday money

PDA

Sheepdog1968
August 2, 2012, 03:58 AM
I'm middle aged and have had everything I needed in firearms for over 20 years. Every year I save the birthday (comming up soon) and Christmas money and buy a firearm. Helps keep domestic peace in house this way.

This year I'm leaning towards the new Ruger 10-22 takedowns and I will put on a set of Skinner sights. I think it will just be a fun plinking rifle that won't cost much too shoot. I like the regular 10-22s and think the takedown would make it a little unique. What say you? What have you found lately that's affordable that puts a big gring on your face?

If you enjoyed reading about "I think its gonna be a takedown 10-22 with the birthday money" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ColtPythonElite
August 2, 2012, 04:13 AM
I shoot .22's weekly and like nearly everybody else own a 10-22...However, once I discovered CZ's it's done little more than collect dust.

goon
August 2, 2012, 11:08 AM
Sounds like a good investment to me. I'm contemplating a move to another state (if I can get a job there) and although I love my CZ, I think the 10/22 will be the one that goes with me when the CZ following when it becomes practical.
The CZ is laser accurate and an excellent rifle. The long range sights make it a lot of fun to shoot and I can do it accurately in excess of 100 yards.
But my 10/22 is stainless and synthetic so it's more corrosion resistant. It's more of a workhorse - I can do stuff with it that would make me feel guilty about doing with the CZ. My 10/22 is reliable with pretty much everything and accurate enough for small game at 50 yards. It's underpowered for defense but with a couple Ruger high cap mags on hand it's not too terribly outmatched for defense against a large feral dog or something of that nature. At the least, the firepower would give it an edge over the CZ.

mdauben
August 2, 2012, 11:31 AM
I'm loving my 10/22 TD. Bought it not long after they first came out. Fun gun to shoot and the TD feature is a lot of fun, even if you don't need it.

zhyla
August 2, 2012, 12:40 PM
Wouldn't buy the takedown model unless I actually intended to backpack it a lot.

goon
August 2, 2012, 02:10 PM
It's also worth noting that the standard 10/22 can be disassembled with just a flat screwdriver in less than a minute if you need to make it more compact for transport, but not permanently.

C-grunt
August 2, 2012, 07:37 PM
My brother in law just bought one as his first personally owned firearm. We have taken it shooting and I was very impressed with it. Its accurate and reliable and the takedown mechanism is fast, easy and locks up tight. All in all I think its a great buy.

FMF Doc
August 2, 2012, 07:47 PM
I like the idea of a .22LR take down, but I would go with a Marlin Papoose, and run tec-sites on it. I have this set-up, and I love it. Now, if you already have a 10/22, and magazines for it, then the 10/22 might make sense, but give the little marlin a good look. It's a great shooter and my my go-to back-packing gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "I think its gonna be a takedown 10-22 with the birthday money" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!