Ak pattern rifle flash/ sound enhancer

PDA

Brockak47
August 5, 2012, 08:10 PM
Some of you may laugh, but does anyone know who makes the best flash / sound enhancer? I'm just looking for something to make my desert shooting more fun...
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If you enjoyed reading about "Ak pattern rifle flash/ sound enhancer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
August 5, 2012, 09:18 PM
You'll get the most flash with NO muzzle attachment.

There's no sound enhancer. A muzzle brake directs the blast toward the rear so that enhances the sound to the SHOOTER, but it doesn't actually make the sound louder.

About the only way to actually increase sound and flash is to shorten the barrel.

AK103K
August 5, 2012, 10:28 PM
About the only way to actually increase sound and flash is to shorten the barrel.
and add a "74" type brake.

My ban era Krebs AK103K has a 14" barrel and that type brake. Its pretty impressive when you shoot it in low light.

rcmodel
August 5, 2012, 10:35 PM
Seriously??

I'd buy fireworks.
Or a black powder cannon.

Much more flash & bang for the ammo buck!

rc

plouffedaddy
August 5, 2012, 10:38 PM
The Nitro Flash Enhancer is the only one I know of...

rcmodel
August 5, 2012, 10:41 PM
Or, you could shoot it inside your car with most of the windows rolled up!

Yea!
Thats the ticket! :D

rc

Texan Scott
August 5, 2012, 11:55 PM
Try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WKM9GDuX0Y

WardenWolf
August 5, 2012, 11:57 PM
The Hungarian AMD compensator was designed to make a single gun sound like many. You can get one here:

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html

Auto426
August 6, 2012, 12:13 AM
Some of you may laugh, but does anyone know who makes the best flash / sound enhancer? I'm just looking for something to make my desert shooting more fun...
Thanks

Shooting at night works pretty well for enhancing muzzle flash, and shooting in a small space with walls for sound to echo off of works pretty well for making the gun louder. Other than that, you'll want the shortest barrel legally possible combined with no muzzle attachment to generate a lot of flash and noise.

barnbwt
August 6, 2012, 01:40 AM
I'm picturing a "Blunderbuss" muzzle device right now...:D

Seriously (this isn't serious, but, well, you know what I mean), a short barrel, no flash hider will make the biggest flash, and a muzzle brake the loudest boom (to the audience behind). Not much more to it than that.

If there's something to echo off of nearby/behind, a brake (any brake) will bounce more sound off it, increasing the boom. Ultimately though, you're a bit limited by the cartridge; it just isn't as high pressure as other 30cal chamberings, so it can't be as loud.

For maximum Sturm und Drang, I'd say Tannerite is your best bet :evil:

TCB

briansmithwins
August 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
Find a Mini Y Comp. Those always make my teeth hurt when I'm around them.

Bsw

gp911
August 6, 2012, 09:58 AM
Reminds me of that Simpson's episode where Homer buys a gun. Silencer? Check. Loudener? Check. Speed-cocker. Oooh, I like the sound of that...

mtrmn
August 6, 2012, 05:52 PM
DOHH!
And to think I went through the hell of buying a suppressor when a loudener is where it's at.

Brockak47
August 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks, I looked into the Nitro Flash enhancer, seems to work ok. I will probably get one since it seems to be the only game in town. Thanks guys, by the way- I would get a can, but tbh I don't think they are worth the money, maybe if the would ever come down in price. Plus it's not like I use an indoor range.

I will try it with no muzzle device see how big a difference it is

If you enjoyed reading about "Ak pattern rifle flash/ sound enhancer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!