DA/SA firearms similar in size to XD Sub-compact

PDA

Prophet
August 5, 2012, 08:14 PM
Does anyone have a semi-auto they like to carry that is double action/single action and comparable in size to the Springfield XD Sub-Compact? I've had the XD for years but am looking for something with a double-action first trigger pull and hammer or decock. I'm looking at Sigs but I'm not seeing anything particularly close in size, other than the P250 which is DAO, something I don't prefer in autos.

I'm also looking at compact 1911s but am having a hard time finding an affordable one in stainless. I live in a moisture-prone area and spend a lot of my weekends on the water in the summertime and work in the snow during the winter.

I'm still shopping around, but interested to see what everyone else carrying guns in this size range prefer.

Edit; don't want anything smaller, might go with something just a little bigger...

If you enjoyed reading about "DA/SA firearms similar in size to XD Sub-compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TennJed
August 6, 2012, 02:25 AM
CZ Rami.

balance 740
August 6, 2012, 09:14 AM
A Walther P99c AS is a striker fired TDA pistol that functions as a DA/SA pistol after being decocked.

It is polymer framed and the slide and barrel are tenifer treated, so rust shouldn't be an issue. The trigger is excellent.

usp9
August 6, 2012, 09:50 AM
HK P2000sk offers three different trigger groups, one of which is your DA/SA . A rock solid gun too.

JustinJ
August 6, 2012, 10:28 AM
HK P2000sk offers three different trigger groups, one of which is your DA/SA . A rock solid gun too.

Hands down the best sub compact on the market.

momano
August 6, 2012, 12:29 PM
What about the FNX in stainless? It is a little bigger, though.

Bobo
August 6, 2012, 11:49 PM
Taurus Millenium series...
http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=CC1&toggle=tp
and
Some Taurus 24/7 Pro series...
http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=247&toggle=tp

Bobo

Prophet
August 7, 2012, 12:07 AM
I definitely like the look of that CZ Rami, P99c seems like a good option too. Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll look into all of them.

Pine Cone
August 7, 2012, 12:50 AM
You might also look at the Beretta PX4 Storm Sub-compact or Compact.

I like the way it fits my hand. It's DA/SA with a hammer and a decocker.

VBVAGUY
August 7, 2012, 04:19 PM
The new Taurus 24/7 G2 compact is just about the same size as the new XDM 3.8 Compact as it can fit the same holster. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

cl4de6
August 7, 2012, 09:57 PM
I agree with the PX4 Compact or SubCompact.

I personally carry the PX4 Compact when I'm in PA. It's small enough to work IWB and large enough for me to get all 3 fingers around the grip.

If you enjoyed reading about "DA/SA firearms similar in size to XD Sub-compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!