Springfield XDs Range report

PDA

ejfalvo
August 6, 2012, 08:14 AM
Purchased the firearm about 1 month ago and at the time ran about 100 rounds of various ammo thru it, randomly, without really looking for accuracy - just functionality. No FTF or FTE.

Friday went to Palmetto State Armory (great guys) to use their indoor range. Shot 2 boxs of WWB without any issues. At 7 yards all hits were within the 8-10 rings, mostly in the 9 ring. First few shots were low and right - changed the grip slightly and much better accuracy. Changed to Hornaday Critical Defense, my prefered CCW ammo, most shots were within the 9-10 ring. No FTF or FTE, no lock-ups, no issues.

Recoil was very manageable - easier on the hands compared with my CW40, which the XDs has replaced as my CCW.

Prior to this round of shooting I did take the firarm apart and lubt he rails.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield XDs Range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ejfalvo
August 6, 2012, 09:20 AM
By the way, a tuckable IWB holster for a Glock 26 works fine for the XDs. I use the Blackhawk leather tuckable and it fit the firearm perfectly.

Orion8472
August 7, 2012, 09:51 AM
Glad to see you didn't have any failures.

I would rather carry that over a CW40 as well. I tried a CW9 but couldn't warm up to the DAO trigger, . . . . or the "no external safety". It always bothered me when holstering [with one chambered], worrying that the trigger might get snagged and the gun fire. I'm looking to get the 9mm XDs [whenever it comes out] and the grip safety will take care of that worry.

Anyway, held an XDs at my local gun store. Really liked the way it felt. Not absolutely perfect, . . .but it is a small gun! But felt MUCH better to me than the Shield.

Enjoy putting more rounds through it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield XDs Range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!