Anyone Regret A CZ Pistol Purchase?

PDA

Dynasty
August 6, 2012, 03:21 PM
I'm looking into the CZ75 line of pistols and it seems not many negative things are said about them. They appear to be very highly regarded among the shooting community. This leads me to question if anyone has purchased a CZ75 model pistol and regretted it? Anyone purchase a CZ75 and end up selling it and never looking back?

Is there any reason not to go with a CZ75 model pistol for an all around pistol (range, home defense, carried on ocassion)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone Regret A CZ Pistol Purchase?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chicharrones
August 6, 2012, 03:27 PM
"Anyone Regret A CZ Pistol Purchase?"

I only have a CZ75D PCR and a CZ82. No regrets yet.

PRM
August 6, 2012, 03:41 PM
No regrets on the gun - got a CZ 83. I rarely carry it because of the .380 caliber. Nothing wrong with it, just an oddball in my collection that I don't care to stock ammo for given the frequency I shoot it.

The gun is built like a tank, super accurate, and has performed flawless.

Skribs
August 6, 2012, 03:42 PM
I shot a CZ-75 once. Nice gun, but not my cuppa.

kazaam
August 6, 2012, 03:43 PM
Good thread, I've been wondering the same exact thing. I guess I don't like the looks of them as much as some other guns, and despite everyone saying it feels amazing in your hand the limited time at a gun show I had with one wasn't as earth shattering as I've heard.

SharpsDressedMan
August 6, 2012, 03:49 PM
I have two at present. I have made two others gifts to a friend and a family member. I have owned a couple that were not as nice as others, and prefer the pre-B models for their longer and smoother trigger actions, and their sleeker looks. If I'm going to have to pay for a trigger job on a gun anymore, it is a bit of a turn off, as shipping a gun is expensive, and trigger works runs $80- $160, depending on who does it to which gun. A couple CZ's have been let go because they didn't measure up with a smooth trigger action, and were not worth the extra to fix. Otherwise, they are sturdy, sleek, and dependable guns, from my experience.

beatledog7
August 6, 2012, 04:16 PM
Two CZ75s in my safe, both 9mm. Would not trade them.

flyskater
August 6, 2012, 05:14 PM
If I sold it, I'll regret it. That's for sure.

Orion8472
August 6, 2012, 05:21 PM
I have one CZ. An SP-01 with custom modifications. I had thoughts of selling it for another gun, . . . but never could bring myself to get rid of it. If I did, I think I would regret that. The CZ is one of the best feeling guns around.

Wishoot
August 6, 2012, 05:49 PM
Let's see....

CZ75B (Omega) - Love it
CZSP01 Phantom - Love it
CZ82- Love it

The only CZ I ever sold was another CZ82. I sold it to a woman I work with and they love it. No regrets selling it either. I know it went to a good home.

labhound
August 6, 2012, 05:51 PM
I only have a CZ83. No regrets, excellent .380 pistol.

Big_E
August 6, 2012, 06:24 PM
Not at all.

My Stainless 75B was a birthday present to myself. I happened to find it on sale right about the time I could put it on layaway. The only thing I regretted at one time was that I could have gotten a S&W 5906 for about 1/2 of what I paid. But then I realized that the 5906 doesn't fit my hand as perfectly as the 75.

pearsonm
August 6, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm in the market for a full-size 9mm and CZ's on my list. Service concerns me - I'm just not seeing many out there.

Ash
August 6, 2012, 06:35 PM
No regrets on mine. Service isn't a problem at all and there are plenty of CZ's out there.

jmr40
August 6, 2012, 06:42 PM
I read all the internet hype and bought a 75B 10 years or so ago. Liked it enough at first to also buy one of the Tactical models with a green frame. The machining looks like a bunch of high school kids with coarse files worked on them and the triggers felt like they were full of sand, but they were better than average in accuracy. Within a year they both started giving problems, as did the 3 my brother bought. After replacing every spring in every gun as well as all mag springs they were again acceptable, but I could never trust one again. I sold all mine and have no regrets.

In my experience if you want a range toy, and spend some money upgrading them right out of the box they are acceptable. But by the time you get them reliable, and get the trigger up to par, you have not saved any money over a better gun out of the box.

They are not on anyones list of good personal protection guns. Long term reliability is just not there. The slide inside the frame seems to increase malfunctions and makes clearing them much harder. The DA trigger pull is one of the industries worst, and the SA pull will never compare with a gun designed as a SA like a 1911, or BHP. Same with the location and operation of the safety. No where nearly as well designed as the 1911 or BHP.

Combining the qualities of a SA and DA into one gun probably seemed like a good idea at first, but the end result was the worst of the 2 designs, not the best. Do an internet search of CZ malfunctions. You will find an amzing number of hits. Pretty telling when you consider how few are sold. I wouldn't be surprised if Glock doesn't sell 10,000 guns to every CZ sold.

They are over rated and overhyped by a handful of guys on the internet. In the real world they are simply ignored by people who actually use a gun for more than a range toy. There aren't more than 3-4 CZ pistols for sale in every gunstore combined within a 75 mile radius of where I live. I haven't seen a single pistol at the last 3 gunshows I've been to includiing the largest in the Atlanta area.

If you want a SA, buy a quality 1911 or BHP. If you want traditional DA/SA, buy a Sig, S&W, or Beretta. If you want plastic striker fired buy Glock or M&P.

YJake
August 6, 2012, 06:48 PM
I hate the CZ-52 I bought. The things are hit or miss, I got a miss.

-Jake

Walt Sherrill
August 6, 2012, 06:52 PM
jmr40's back...

Dean1818
August 6, 2012, 06:57 PM
I also bought a CZ75B in 40 a few years ago after reading the internet hype.

It wasnt my cup either

Nice gun but I found a P226 in 40 and sold the CZ.....

Ranger Roberts
August 6, 2012, 07:02 PM
I have the cz-75 in 9mm. In my opinion it is a little heavy for an everyday ccw gun. However for target shooting I love it. It's accurate and reliable. I've had it about 5 or 6 years and put 1,000's of rounds through it and never had any issues.

Orion8472
August 6, 2012, 07:15 PM
In the interest of civility, . . . .

But anyway, . . . if CZ pistols were junk, I think you would be hearing MUCH more about it, . . . kinda like you see when the topic of the High Point pistols are raised. That's all I'm saying.

browningguy
August 6, 2012, 07:23 PM
I currently only have one CZ, a 75B, and I sold a CZ 40B after about a month buecause it just didn't fit my hand at all. There is nothing wrong with the CZ, EAA imports the Tanfoglio line which I personally prefer as I find their triggers to usually be a little better and the cost is lower.

jdh
August 6, 2012, 07:39 PM
Jake,
The VZ52 pistols are almost 60 years old and were not made by what is now that which we commonly call CZ.

OP,
The only regret I have with any CZ was that my fingers were not long enough to reach the trigger of the CZ97 in the DA mode.

Ash
August 6, 2012, 07:42 PM
jmr is entitled to his opinions to be sure. He's wrong, except that if you do a search you will find quite a few posts trashing the CZ. The problem is that they are mostly his.

Is the CZ a perfect design? Of course no. But jmr40 is not a good source of information on their quality. However, I do think he deserves to express his opinion just as I support those here who so easily refute his claims.

Kiln
August 6, 2012, 08:08 PM
jmr is entitled to his opinions to be sure. He's wrong, except that if you do a search you will find quite a few posts trashing the CZ. The problem is that they are mostly his.

Is the CZ a perfect design? Of course no. But jmr40 is not a good source of information on their quality. However, I do think he deserves to express his opinion just as I support those here who so easily refute his claims.
I agree with everything you said. Everyone has a right to an opinion as long as they express it as an opinion.

A very large percentage of posts online against the quality and longevity of the CZ75B are made by JMR.

There are alot of guys that will say that they don't like the feel of the CZ or the way it "fits" but not a whole lot of them say that the CZ75B is an unreliable platform.

jungle
August 6, 2012, 08:18 PM
Just a question, but did CZ ever win any large military or police contracts?

I have traveled a lot and been to a few war zones and don't recall seeing any in general issue.

Pilot
August 6, 2012, 08:21 PM
I have two and a half and no regrets. A 75B, a 75D PCR and a Kadet Kit .22 conversion that works on both. I want a Shadow, Phantom, Duty, and 97B but can't decide which next.

StrikeFire83
August 6, 2012, 08:27 PM
I owned a CZ-75B up until recently. It was a great gun, but I found something that I liked better, so I sold the CZ. Read about it here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=671028

LawScholar
August 6, 2012, 08:44 PM
The 75 is a great gun, but I have big hands. That slide is very small for me, hard to rack reliably.

Walt Sherrill
August 6, 2012, 08:44 PM
Just a question, but did CZ ever win any large military or police contracts?

I have traveled a lot and been to a few war zones and don't recall seeing any in general issue.

That's just starting to happen, mostly in the smaller European countries and a few countries in Asia. They sold a bunch of 75Bs to the Turkish military in the late 90s, and have sold a few elsewhere. The Police in South Africa used them, as did some units of the Israeli military (along with a lot of OTHER guns.) But, then, darned few OTHER gun makers with roots in what was the Communist Bloc have sold a lot of guns to other countries or governments other than their own.

CZ (and those other companies) had to start almost from scratch with the fall of the Eastern Bloc, and they just didn't have the deep pockets of companies like Glock, H&K, Beretta, Tanfoglio, Colt, Ruger, or S&W -- nor ready access to CAPITAL (cash, etc.) Also, until the fall of the Soviet Union, there was an embargo against guns from the East, and only a few countries could import CZs or other guns from the " Communist Bloc."

Then too, countries demand that the guns they buy be made in-country- which is why Glock and SIG set up factories in the US. That takes a lot of money. CZ isn't ready to do that.

I think the new CZ P-07 may eventually be the gun that will gain acceptance among military units and police department in many countries -- polymer frame and choice of decocker or safety.

Ash
August 6, 2012, 08:47 PM
Rhodesia, Turkey, Israel, the Czech Republic and the list grows.

But, based on war-zone experience, we must assume the Helwan was a great pistol. Ditto for the Japanese Type 94 auto or Type 26 revolver. Must be true because of issue, right?

In any case, that has NOTHING at all to do with whether or not anyone regrets buying a CZ.

verdun59
August 6, 2012, 08:49 PM
Wow ! That was some rant by jmr40, I sure hope he feels better now. As to the original question I have a CZ 75B that i will not part with because it's GOOD, unfortunately I had to part with a CZ PCR because I was one of those unfortunate individuals who experienced - trigger sting - when firing it. I loved the feel and size of it and wanted it to work but alas it was not to be. It got traded foe a comparable sized pistol the Ruger SR9C and I couldn't be more pleased. CZs are great guns and some where out in my future there be a CZ97 coming home with me.

Oh and a P.S. to jmr40, I had a Glock and ended up trading it for a much pistol called Springfield XD, and it's made in Croatia with a high bore axis and it just keeps on shooting and shooting and shooting.

railroader
August 6, 2012, 09:39 PM
I have three CZs now and my only regret is selling another 75b that had the best stock trigger. It broke clean with almost zero take up. I just had to have a glock so I sold it. :banghead:

chicharrones
August 6, 2012, 10:49 PM
There aren't more than 3-4 CZ pistols for sale in every gunstore combined . . .

That's my experience looking for CZ rifles, too. Just because they are hard to find, do you consider CZ rifles a poor choice as well?

wkumatt
August 6, 2012, 11:01 PM
75B, 75C, 75 SP-01 Tactical, 82(*2), 83, and a 50.

Love em all, but I'm in the range toy category of owners. None of these ever get more than 100 rnds per month. In that limited use I've had zero malfunctions, but I hear of slide stop issues and spring issues just hasn't happened to me.

I am considering trading my SP-01, no issues but its not as well balanced for me as my M&P. I don't need two pistols with a rail so it will probably go.

hAkron
August 6, 2012, 11:31 PM
I have a couple. Here is the order in which I bought them

CZ 82 - it was priced right! Good shooter.
CZ 75D PCR - got it cheap (used) great gun. I carry this one.
CZ 912 - 12ga - I needed a Semi Auto shotgun. I use it for trap
Springfield P9 in .40 - Tanfoglio clone of the CZ 75, imported for a time by SA
CZ 75B Stainless steel - I quit smoking and I needed a present for myself
CZ 75 Pre-B spur hammer, round trigger - cool, old school
CZ 75 Pre-B transitional - good mate for the spur hammer Pre-b
CZ 75B Omega - well, I have the other firing system...I guess I need this one too
CZ 75 BD Police - it was cheap, used, and COOL
CZ 75 BD (non-police) - it was in the case next to the BD Police...seemed like a set
CZ 85 Transitional - I had already bought 2 CZ 75's that week, so I needed something different
CZ P-01 - some guy on another forum needed money, and I didn't have a P-01 yet.

They are cool guns, I guess. If you buy it and don't like it, I'll probably buy it off of you.

hAkron
August 6, 2012, 11:35 PM
I have two at present. I have made two others gifts to a friend and a family member. I have owned a couple that were not as nice as others, and prefer the pre-B models for their longer and smoother trigger actions, and their sleeker looks. If I'm going to have to pay for a trigger job on a gun anymore, it is a bit of a turn off, as shipping a gun is expensive, and trigger works runs $80- $160, depending on who does it to which gun. A couple CZ's have been let go because they didn't measure up with a smooth trigger action, and were not worth the extra to fix. Otherwise, they are sturdy, sleek, and dependable guns, from my experience.

Let me know if you ever want to sell your short rail 75.

sinbad339
August 6, 2012, 11:50 PM
I have a CZ-75 compact in 9mm that I CC. The only thing I've done is add Mepro night sights to it. The DA trigger is what it is. The SA trigger has some creep, but I can live with that. The biggest issue I have with the trigger is the LONG reset; controlled pairs are difficult (meaning slow) for me with this gun. The only way to reduce the reset is to remove/defeat the firing pin block, and I'm not willing to do that on a carry gun. Even with the reset, this gun is what I carry most often. No failures of any kind after > 2k rounds.

August 6, 2012, 11:55 PM
Anyone Regret A CZ Pistol Purchase?
Nah!:evil:
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/qavsiv/ERG/cz//1group-cz04i.jpg

chris in va
August 7, 2012, 12:17 AM
I've bought and sold many guns the past ten years. My 75bd was my second purchase and still sits in my safe. It survived the cut many times.

Ironically one of the worst pistols owned so far was the CZ 52 I had for a couple weeks.

BTW don't shoot a 97b. It's all over if you do.

benzy2
August 7, 2012, 12:38 AM
I picked up a stainless 75B for a song. Added the aftermarket trigger/sear/springs to use at the range. I'm a far bigger range shooter than anything else. I have no regrets about getting mine other than I bought a glock 34 for that use first and it sits in the safe now.

I would have loved to have a double stack 9mm 1911 for a range pistol. I've got under $600 with taxes and shipping of parts in total into the 75B with trigger work. You can't get half way to a 1911 of similar capacity for that money. Would the trigger on such a 1911 be better? Probably. Show me one for $550-$600 though and I'll jump on it and dump the 75B (or at least move it closer to the back of the safe). Until then I'll enjoy the 75B.

Not much else compares with the amount of options or truly different variants that the CZ pistol line offers at their price point. While some of the polymer framed pistols may have a slightly more refined polymer pistol (debatable) they certainly aren't competing in a metal framed option (especially under $500) as well. If you want a hammer fired pistol you run into even fewer options. If their feature list sounds appealing I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

armoredman
August 7, 2012, 12:40 AM
Hmm, jmr doing his typical one post wonder strike. He never comes back to answer the questions.
Any CZ purchase I regret? Oddly enough, yes. A CZ-100. Worst trigger I ever laid a finger on, was an incredibly hard to shoot pistol. Made the trigger on a vz-70z seem light. Gun was well made, if very oddly designed. Never regretted saying goodbye. Don't forget, the CZ-52 and CZ 70 pistols are NOT from the current company - CZUB came into being in 1992.
Other than that, nope, every one I've had has been excellent, needing no work whatsoever to work perfectly. That's 10 CZ pistols that work right the first time, so I think that's a fairly good sample. Only reason some of them are gone is economics.
Yes, jungle, CZUB was just awarded a large contract to supply the Czech Military with CZ Sp-01 Phantoms, EVO 9mm subguns, and the nifty BREN 805 A1 and A2 select fire assault rifles. Before anyone snickers about a rigged game, riddle me this - how many US military units use US made pistols? ;)
I should say I regret my first CZ purchase...it just made me want more of them!

pps
August 7, 2012, 12:40 AM
cz 83 very accurate, fast shooting, ZERO failures in a couple thousand rounds and counting. no regrets

Stringfellow
August 7, 2012, 12:48 AM
I regret my CZ75 Nickel--sort of. I have big hands, and I should have gotten a model with the upswept beavertail.

Sure, the slide is a bit harder to grip. And the trigger reach is long. But mine came with a good trigger out of the box, and with some work both DA and SA triggers are amazing. And I have yet to feel a better grip.

I just don't get jmr. My experiences and have been the exact opposite of his. Could there be some ego at play here?

CZguy
August 7, 2012, 05:32 AM
I just don't get jmr. My experiences and have been the exact opposite of his. Could there be some ego at play here?

I wouldn't presume to know what his motivation's are. Suffice it to say, I own several CZ's and am pleased with all of them.

Thompsoncustom
August 7, 2012, 05:43 AM
lol when I seen this thread I thought of jmr40 right away, so yes this guy regrets it but I haven't really seen anyone else.

Sam1911
August 7, 2012, 07:21 AM
CZ75B -- OMEGA. The Omega trigger system sucks and apparantly cannot be improved, and it is completely different from the standard 75B lockworks so you can't even swap in a good trigger.

I've had good shooters actually stop halfway through the DA pull, release it, unload and say, "Naaah, never mind." :rolleyes:

rayatphonix
August 7, 2012, 07:30 AM
I've got five. I do have a major regret... After I bought my first one I had to have my second, third, etc. I love how they feel in my hand and have fired thousands of rounds through them without any problems.

itchy1
August 7, 2012, 07:51 AM
My only regret is that I didn't buy more of them when they were lesser known and the price reflected it. I'm sure that this could be said about a lot of things though.

shooter1
August 7, 2012, 08:02 AM
Great ergonomics, super accurate. Long, heavy DA trigger, SA trigger is fair after you get past the pre-travel. Minimal grasping surface on the slide might be a problem for those with limited hand strength. Overall, a great pistol. Mine are going --------------NOWHERE!
str1

iblong
August 7, 2012, 08:12 AM
Have 2 no regrets,My 75 B is my IDPA/Range pistol and My P-01 is in my
carry rotation, both have had action work.Both are very accurate and dependable.If I find a good deal on a 75B single or a PCR I'll own them to.

bannockburn
August 7, 2012, 09:40 AM
I have one, a P-01, and except for a somewhat heavy DA trigger pull it's a well designed and built pistol. I especially like shape of the grip which compares favorably to one of my favorite 9mm.'s, the Browning Hi-Power.

daybreak
August 7, 2012, 09:54 AM
I have sold all my other pistols and only own CZs now. Hey are hands down the BEST 9mms I have shot and ive shot all the popular ones.

BRE346
August 7, 2012, 10:08 AM
I bought a CZ 75 P-07, their first poly offering, on a whim. At first I didn't like it, but each time it went to the range it became more likeable until I look forward to shooting it again.

It handles comfortably, cleans easily and shoots very accurately.

Yes, I'll still sell it.

dom1104
August 7, 2012, 10:29 AM
I loved CZ pistols till I got into competitive shooting, then I hated them and sold them all.

Pilot
August 7, 2012, 11:31 AM
I loved CZ pistols till I got into competitive shooting, then I hated them and sold them all.

Why? I know a lot of guys that use them for IDPA, and even bullseye. CZ's, and their clones seem to be very popular in competition.

dom1104
August 7, 2012, 11:57 AM
Why? I know a lot of guys that use them for IDPA, and even bullseye. CZ's, and their clones seem to be very popular in competition.
As far as being popular, out of the hundreds of people I shoot with, 1 uses a CZ.

1911s, glocks and M&Ps are popular guns in my area. There are even probably 50x more 2011 guns than CZs.

But the reason I dumped CZs is I was much more accurate, faster, and got better scores with a different gun.

Gotta go with what works, and dump what doesnt.

Tecolote
August 7, 2012, 01:06 PM
I like the CZ75's design, and the ergonomics fit my hands well. I'm considering getting another one, but I've yet to encounter one with the famed reliability that others have experienced.

I bought a late production pre-B with the ugly phosphate finish before the era of digital pics. The seller claimed that it was new and that it had the polymer finish. Like a fool I trusted him, but when I picked it up at my FFL I realized the seller had lied. He wouldn't take it back so I figured I might as well use the thing. After a thorough cleaning that revealed tool marks all over the inside of the frame and slide, I took it to the range, after just one mag the safety started to creep out of the frame. I got the safety back in place but then the jamming started, it wouldn't go through a single mag without feeding issues. I realize this was a used pistol so there was no telling how it had been treated, but rather than mess with it I traded it at LGS with a full disclosure. I lost a pile of money on that one.

Still I liked CZs so a while later I got a NIB compact with the polymer pistol. A cleaning revealed the typical tool marks of Czech manufacturing, but it had a decent DA and SA. At the range the slide would lock back on loaded mags and it wouldn't eject fired shells. I liked it but not enough to ship it back for repairs, on my dime no less, so with a full disclosure I got something else for it at my LGS. Again, another loss of money.

I don't particularly care if a manufacturer gets large LE and military contracts. I'm not dissing anyone that does, that's their interest to which they're fully entitled. But CZUSA and CZUB are disingenuous when they claim that CZ has huge LE/military contracts, that's only true if you count security guards. Security companies in the developing world love CZs because they're cheap, cheaper even than Tanfoglios. CZUB would also sell to anyone, even when there were embargoes against sales. CZ sold thousands of pistols to third world governments that otherwise couldn't buy weapons, Rhodesia and Guatemala being just two examples. (Please don't start a politics debate, whether it was wrong or right to embargo a country is a non-issue, the embargoes existed and these countries had to find weapons where they could.) Yes, CZ had a contract with the Turkish government but that contract was cancelled, CZ says it had to do with failure to pay while the Turks claim reliability issues, who knows.

Don't get too excited about the fact that CZ clones have gotten military contracts, again, this is an issue of price, and politics. If you look at the countries that issue the IWI (formerly IMI) Jericho (Baby Eagle and Uzi Eagle in the US), all of them (Colombia, El Salvador, and now the Philippines) are recipients of US military aid, and wouldn't you know it, the country that makes them also receives hundred of millions in US aid. It helps your product if the same person's footing the manufacturing and purchasing bills.

None of this takes away from the CZ, and none of it means that some folks don't get very reliable and accurate examples. It only means that some of us haven't been as lucky and that you have to put things in their proper perspective.

I could go on, but I haven't had luck with CZs, but as I said I might still get one because I like the design. It's one of the least appreciated pistol designs, real genius if you consider how it incorporates elements from different pistols and weds them into an incredibly ergonomic package. It's the genius of the design that has me thinking that I should get another one.

ClickClickD'oh
August 7, 2012, 01:34 PM
I bought a CZ 75 P-07, their first poly offering, on a whim.

The CZ-100 and CZ-101 were their first poly offering. Be glad you didn't know about it. The SP-01 Phantom came next, and is an outstanding pistol. I just did a 1K round course with mine with no faults.. despite JMRs best efforts to convince me to the otherwise.

armoredman
August 7, 2012, 04:19 PM
My Phantom is outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC42QLurfrQ&feature=g-upl

Tecolyte, CZUB does have military contracts, one with the Czech Military for about 7,000 Phantoms, and a bunches of EVO 9mm subguns plus thousands of BREN 805 A1 and A2 select fire rifles. Before you snicker about "local preference", think about how many US made pistols are in the US military right now...
CZ-USA has closed a few police contracts here and there in the United States,(I read of a Dept in Texas going with the P-01 several years ago), but yes, not many of them and mostly smaller Depts. I do know a police chief in a northern state who carries a CZ 75B on duty, but he's the boss - he can carry what he wants. Considering the uphill battle to get an edge against giveaway-priced Glocks and entrenched police policies, any headway is remarkable, especially with the almost non-existent marketing and advertising.
Check your history, sir, Rhodesia fell in 1979 - CZUB came into being in 1992. The entity who sold pistols across embargos was the communist Czechoslovakian government, not the non-existent CZUB, That company started in 1992 with management who had grown up under communist rule, with little idea on capitalism, marketing and sales, but they have learned. ;)
In fact, I think the Turkish contract guns were also pre-CZUB. Walt will check me on that if I'm wrong.
Oddly enough, I was the only one working in security that carried a CZ clone, a first generation EAA Witness. The most common sidearm was a beat up 38 revolver. :)
ClickClickD'oh, you are absolutely right - I had a CZ-100 and will never again, GAH! That trigger!

dom1104, perfectly understandable, use what works for you. Angus Hobdell, Adam Tyc and others have been winning matches and competitions in the US and worldwide for years with CZ pistols, usually Shadow variations, but Rob Leatham has been winning matches and competitions with his Springfields, too. Use what works for you. :)

Flashcube
August 7, 2012, 05:16 PM
I've tried the CZ cool-aid probably twelve times in the past few years. I liked them, but never enough to keep them. The only CZ I currently own is a 452 in .22LR. :scrutiny:

Tecolote
August 7, 2012, 05:35 PM
You are right about my dates, Armoredman. Thanks for the correction but the fact remains that it was those sales that drove CZ's markets. Apart from the Czech contract and use in units part of the former East Bloch, CZ cannot claim
a major LE or military contract. As I said, that should be a none issue but both CZUSA and CZUB advertise those sales without providing specifics.

Don't get me wrong, I like CZs a lot, and if I can a NIB one at a reasonable price I'll most likely buy it.

Ash
August 7, 2012, 06:11 PM
The safety that walked out had a broken retention spring inside the action. This only breaks when the safety is forced out without lifting it out of the way. Broken, the retention spring won't keep the safety in and it can walk out. Also, the broken spring, now a pointing-up piece of metal, can cause trouble. If you properly lift the spring, the safety slides out just fine. A previous owner damaged the pistol and then off-loaded it.

tekarra
August 7, 2012, 07:46 PM
I have owned and shot about a dozen cZ pistols since the early 1980s and have no regrets.

miles1
August 7, 2012, 07:51 PM
I've tried the CZ cool-aid probably twelve times in the past few years. I liked them, but never enough to keep them. The only CZ I currently own is a 452 in .22LR. :scrutiny:
Ive tried the CZ cool-aid too...............And i love it.I regret not finding out about CZ sooner.

Kiln
August 7, 2012, 08:37 PM
Same, I like the CZ75B even more than I like my XDM's. The CZ75B is probably the most accurate gun I've ever fired without any aftermarket parts.

scythefwd
August 7, 2012, 08:49 PM
Yes, I regret the guy who purchased by 2075.. though Id rather have it in 9mm anyways.

Impureclient
August 7, 2012, 09:10 PM
jmr40's back...

Copy and paste.......every post about a CZ. It's getting real old. Is there such thing as a paid "anti-salesman"?

My 75b has run perfect. Only a couple thousand rounds so far but I know it will keep on at that rate. The only thing I thought I regretted was the price. My polished S.S. ran about $700 after tax and I thought it was not the best price around but that seems par for what they are going for(if you can even find one for sale). I have put in a lighter(13 lb) main spring and extended firing pin and the competition hammer to make the trigger very nice. Didn't need it but I read about the wonders it did on the CZ forum and I definitely don't regret it, good stuff. The only thing done externally was change of the stock rubber grips, which were great really, to a rubber Hogue with the nice finger grips molded in. The only thing I think I may still do is replace the factory sites with an adjustable rear and a fiber optic in front. I use the gun as the home defense gun and for sure it comes every time to the range when I go.

larryflew
August 8, 2012, 10:52 AM
Have bought and sold quite a few CZ's but mostly to make a few bucks so I could add to my own 7 pistol CZ collection.

wildehond
August 8, 2012, 11:25 AM
Only regret selling my 75 pre B.

because of my experience form the CZ75, I am seriously thinking of getting a Tactical Sport for IPSC Standard class at the moment.

edfrompa
August 8, 2012, 01:53 PM
I have two Czs, very dependable, straight shooters. Never regretted buying them. Wish I had more money I would buy another one.

TaylorBrassjole73
August 8, 2012, 10:43 PM
My CZ-75 P-07 Duty 9mm is hands down my favorite handgun. Accurate to a t, will eat anything, easy to takedown, compact (but not to small) and light, low felt recoil, and heck it even has a rail. I highly recommend it to say the least, no regrets here, especially for $399.99

wildehond
August 9, 2012, 06:46 AM
As far as being popular, out of the hundreds of people I shoot with, 1 uses a CZ.

1911s, glocks and M&Ps are popular guns in my area. There are even probably 50x more 2011 guns than CZs.

But the reason I dumped CZs is I was much more accurate, faster, and got better scores with a different gun.

Gotta go with what works, and dump what doesnt.
CZ's are quite popular in competition around here. Especially in the production class.

777TRUTH
August 9, 2012, 06:51 PM
No regrets here.

Planning to add a 2075 RAMI in the near future.

bikerdoc
August 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
I got 3, no doubt they are my favorite.

Wishoot
August 9, 2012, 08:58 PM
My Phantom is outstanding.

Agreed. Can't believe it's not more popular.

donniegood
August 10, 2012, 01:09 AM
Wow ! That was some rant by jmr40, I sure hope he feels better now. As to the original question I have a CZ 75B that i will not part with because it's GOOD, unfortunately I had to part with a CZ PCR because I was one of those unfortunate individuals who experienced - trigger sting - when firing it. I loved the feel and size of it and wanted it to work but alas it was not to be. It got traded foe a comparable sized pistol the Ruger SR9C and I couldn't be more pleased. CZs are great guns and some where out in my future there be a CZ97 coming home with me.

Oh and a P.S. to jmr40, I had a Glock and ended up trading it for a much pistol called Springfield XD, and it's made in Croatia with a high bore axis and it just keeps on shooting and shooting and shooting.

I have the same issue with my 75bd police. Trigger sting sucks debating swaping for a different trigger hoping it will change it anyone else try that? Does it help?

Bozwell
August 10, 2012, 01:52 AM
I think your impression of the CZ75 platform will heavily depend on whether you do work/have work done to your gun and how often you shoot it. Some of the guns come with pretty lousy triggers out of the box, and if that's your only impression of the CZ75 platform, it's not surprising if you move on. That said, if you shoot it enough and/or do a bit of polishing to the right surfaces, the triggers can turn out to be phenomenal. It's really a diamond in the rough.

CZ's are generally very reliable gun but every model of gun, regardless of the manufacturer, experiences problems from time to time. When it comes down to it, there are lots of great models of guns out there, and I try and avoid buying into the "my brand is better than your brand" mentality. Sig, Glock, S&W, SA, CZ, etc. all make great guns and they're all highly reliable. Get the one you like the look and feel of, and if you can afford it, get at least one of each.

I personally don't put any stock in the opinion of someone that suggests one of these brands is crap because they owned a lemon at one point in time (especially if their shotgun-style solution to a single, specific problem is to replace every single spring in the gun ;)). I'll refrain from saying any more on that subject though, as everything that comes to mind right now wouldn't be very polite to our friend JMR.

Bozwell
August 10, 2012, 01:53 AM
I have the same issue with my 75bd police. Trigger sting sucks debating swaping for a different trigger hoping it will change it anyone else try that? Does it help?
Try installing the original 85 combat trigger. I tend to get a bit of sting with some CZ triggers, and these days all my CZ's wear either the original 85 combat trigger or the adjustable SAO trigger.

Walt Sherrill
August 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
I have heard of the trigger sting on some CZs and on a couple of other (non-CZ) guns, but have never heard a good explanation of its cause. I'm curiouis.

usp9
August 10, 2012, 08:09 AM
The only CZ I regretted buying ws a CZ82 that was worn out and needed major rehab. But I knew that buying a used gun on the internet is a risk. I also had a CZ83 that was just fine in most regards.

pearsonm
August 11, 2012, 04:44 PM
Finally saw a CZ75B today, after a decent gun show and visits to at least a half-dozen gun shops. Definitely has a unique look and feel - I liked it. Wish I could find one to rent.

renomedia
August 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
I bought a CZ 85 Combat in satin nickel in February and I'm very satisfied with it for both accuracy and functionality. The only issue I've has is wwith some of my reolads. All factory ammo I've used function perfectly. The Xtreme 124 gr FP bullet profile requires deeper seating due to the short leade in the CZ barrel. No regrets at all with my purchase.

jbauch357
August 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
I love my CZ75B SA with comp hammer, fitted sear and hogue grips - it is one of my favorite pistols.

I do not love my CZ P01, and regret purchasing it. Even after sending it off to CZ Custom for the comp hammer install and reduced weight spring it still doesn't feel "good". The reach out for the DA trigger is too far, the single action break isn't as good as the CZ75B, and I'm just generally dissapointed with how much I have into a pistol that I'll rarely if ever shoot. In my mind this was supposed to be a slightly smaller and lighter DA/SA version of the 75B, but it feels like a completely different and unenjoybale pistol. If it weren't a rare-ish pistol with custom work done on it I would have sold it a while back - as is it is living the life of a safe queen.

RSVP2RIP
August 11, 2012, 05:32 PM
I had a CZ40B that was one hell of a gun, until you tried to shoot it. Jam-o-matic with several mags. It also locked up with live rounds in the chamber just out of battery needing the attention of a rubber hammer. I really wish the thing worked better but I sold it to someone who thought they could make it work.

newbuckeye
August 11, 2012, 06:01 PM
I've got 2 rami's (9and 40) and a P-07 and I love all 3. The p-07 is my primary CCW now, but the rami's still get taken for a walk now and again.

Bullet Bob
August 11, 2012, 06:21 PM
I bought an 85 Combat direct from CZ USA Custom shop with a hammer/trigger job, and I regret it, because it shot so well I violated my no more new guns rule and bought a Tactical Sport.

verdun59
August 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
About the trigger sting, from all the info I could gather, there is no magic cure and I didn't want to spend any more money on a lot of "let's try it and see" solutions. After I regretfully got rid of my PCR, I subsequently rented a P01 and had the same trigger sting. I believe it has something to due with the alloy frame when being fired by certain people who experience it. Absolutely no sting with my 75B. It 's perplexing and in my case disappointing.

chicharrones
August 11, 2012, 11:40 PM
That is weird. I haven't experienced trigger sting with my CZ75D PCR.

Do you mean when the trigger breaks it stings your finger tip? Or is your finger tip getting stung (trapped) between the trigger and the front strap part of the frame?

Walt Sherrill
August 12, 2012, 08:44 AM
I've never encountered it in a CZ, but have run into it once or twice in other makes of guns. The trigger vibrates in a strange way that is slightly painful to the trigger finger.

I've never heard an explanation for it's cause or cure -- in any gun.

Tex4426
August 12, 2012, 09:29 AM
Jmr40 bashes czs in every post..just ignore it...there is no credibility... i dont even read his post when i see them..i assume hes a glock fanboy...anyways...i didnt regret buying mine and i dont regret selling but i sold it to buy the new cz sp01 i kove love love cz weapons not just their handguns

chicharrones
August 12, 2012, 09:44 AM
I've never encountered it in a CZ, but have run into it once or twice in other makes of guns. The trigger vibrates in a strange way that is slightly painful to the trigger finger.

I've never heard an explanation for it's cause or cure -- in any gun.

I've experienced the sting and the finger trap in other guns, too. The sting I have felt seems to be from the trigger breaking very hard on a long double action pull then suddenly stopping in it over travel.

The finger trap has happened when I get too much finger onto a trigger and my finger tip gets partly trapped (pinched) between the trigger and frame of the gun after the trigger breaks.

verdun59
August 12, 2012, 10:22 AM
Actually Walt Sherrill describes it most accurately. It is a type of vibration when the round goes off, and either it doesn't happen on all the alloy frames or most people don't feel it. It is not to be confused with the finger being trapped and pinched, or trigger slap where the finger is driven into the trigger guard. I am only consoled by the fact that I'm not the only person who has experienced this, although there are so few of us that we could form an exclusive club.

bamajoey
August 12, 2012, 11:15 AM
"I read all the internet hype and bought a 75B 10 years or so ago. Liked it enough at first to also buy one of the Tactical models with a green frame. The machining looks like a bunch of high school kids with coarse files worked on them and the triggers felt like they were full of sand, but they were better than average in accuracy. Within a year they both started giving problems, as did the 3 my brother bought. After replacing every spring in every gun as well as all mag springs they were again acceptable, but I could never trust one again. I sold all mine and have no regrets."

Wow, 5 CZ75 go bad within a year. Unbelievable:rolleyes:

pearsonm
August 12, 2012, 11:51 AM
I have to ask - does anyone know what the motivation is for the CZ drive-by posts by jmr40?

Furncliff
August 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
I knew nothing about CZ when I bought my first one, a used 75b. I much prefer the triggers on my 1911's but the CZ has been great otherwise. I have a Kadet conversion kit for it now and that is so easy and fast a change over that it gets a lot of use. The CZ 82 I bought after that had a lot of problems that required two trips to CZUSA. The upside to that is that it now runs 100% and I got to sample the CS that CZUSA gives. The gunsmiths there are just plain great.

Bang for the buck, CZ still offers great value.

Wishoot
August 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
I have to ask - does anyone know what the motivation is for the CZ drive-by posts by jmr40?
He simply doesn't like CZ's. He's voiced his opinion before. Sounds like he had an exceptionally poor experience all around.

No biggie. Regardless of his opinion, mine have been 100% and I love em'.

millertyme
August 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
I regret shooting the first one I ever came in contact with. I sold two pistols to buy one of my own that same week. It was the best pistol I have ever owned but i catch flack from my wife since one of the pistols I sold she gave me for Christmas.

tipoc
August 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
I've never heard of trigger sting. Never experienced it in CZs or any other gun. If I have I've ignored it or it didn't bother me enough that I remember it at all.

CZ makes good guns. The 75 and 75B are classics. Widely copied during the years when patent laws did not extend beyond Czech borders by a number of companies in several countries.

I've owned several over the years and liked them all (the exception was the dao CZ100). Seems I'm never without one around. They are an innovative company.

They do not fit everyone but if they don't fit a fella that does not make them a poor gun.

I keep looking at the RAMI but it seems a bit wide for it's purpose.

There is an excellent write up on the CZ75 here...http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm

tipoc

CZguy
August 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
I keep looking at the RAMI but it seems a bit wide for it's purpose.

The RAMI is a little wide for it's purpose. The style right now is for small single stack 9mm, an 40 S&W. The extra half inck of width of the RAMI allows me to shoot it as well as my P01, and 11 rounds of 9 mm is a capicity that I'm comfortable with.

Twmaster
August 13, 2012, 12:06 AM
I bought a CZ 85 Combat in satin nickel in February and I'm very satisfied with it for both accuracy and functionality. The only issue I've has is wwith some of my reolads. All factory ammo I've used function perfectly. The Xtreme 124 gr FP bullet profile requires deeper seating due to the short leade in the CZ barrel. No regrets at all with my purchase.
This has been my experience with my CZ75 P-07 Duty as well. I'm just more particular with my hand loads in that pistol now.

Otherwise I just love my P-07. I'd love to also get a Phantom.

Fastcast
August 13, 2012, 09:45 AM
Has anyone ever regretted purchasing a Glock, Colt, Ruger, S&W, FN, Kahr, Taurus, Springfield, etc, etc......I'm sure someone has! Nothing is perfect or works for everyone.

RockyTop
August 13, 2012, 04:19 PM
I had a Ruger P95 for a little over 2 years and I'd always get 3-4 FTE's out of every 100 rounds. I ended up selling it for about $50 less than I paid and went out and bought a CZ75B. I've put about 4-500 rounds through it without the first problem. Feels great and looks great. It's a little big to carry, but it's my dedicated 9mm range/night stand gun.

SN13
August 13, 2012, 04:48 PM
I PM'd you my experience.

I have owned CZ, Glock, XD, XDm, Taurus (.40 Beretta clone), misc. revolvers, Colts, and a sig. Out of all the pistols i've ever owned, the CZ is the ONE i sold purely because I didn't like it at all.

I've sold others, but more to fund different purchases or because they were redundant (.40 Glock, .40 XDm and .40 taurus) 3 full size 40s? sold the glock.

Ash
August 13, 2012, 09:43 PM
And that is what makes the world go round.

I, for one, don't like a Glock and never really hold on to 1911's.

And I'm just fine if you don't like CZ's. It keeps them oh-but-a-little-cheaper for me.

Tex4426
August 14, 2012, 03:08 PM
Usually when u have the same person or in this case 2 brothers they probably dont know how to take care of it...i noticed my cz if u put very little oil..i put it on and wipped it mostly off it ran beautifully but if u put to much on it didnt like it

The Man With No Name
August 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
The guy I bough mine from regretted it. He's the type though that just constantly buys new guns trying to find more accuracy when he is the real problem. I bought it off of him (CZ75B in .40cal) and have never regretted it. It has been reliable and that is regardless of how it is oiled.

jim243
August 14, 2012, 06:01 PM
My only regret is I don't have more of them, one in 40 S&W would be nice.

Jim

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/bigjim_02/SAM_0501.jpg

Elm Creek Smith
August 15, 2012, 02:59 PM
I have a regret. I let a 1982 CZ-75 I bought in Germany go. I carried it at times that carrying an issue M1911A1 or another NATO issue handgun would be...inconvenient and carrying a Tok or a Mak would have just been...rude. I also used it to compete in IPSC and Bianchi Cup Europe. Wish I had it back.

Turkey is making their own CZ-75 clone and TriStar imports a compact version known as the C-100. I'm considering one of those since they feel a lot like my old CZ and come with two 13 round magazines.

ECS

CZguy
August 15, 2012, 03:35 PM
I have a regret. I let a 1982 CZ-75 I bought in Germany go. I carried it at times that carrying an issue M1911A1 or another NATO issue handgun would be...inconvenient and carrying a Tok or a Mak would have just been...rude. I also used it to compete in IPSC and Bianchi Cup Europe. Wish I had it back.

The first step to recovery is being able to admit that you made a mistake. ;)

The second step is to find a replacement.

gopguy
August 15, 2012, 04:27 PM
I have a fondness for the CZ 75 and variations on the theme. I had a CZ 100 that was not very accurate and I hated the trigger pull. That one got sold.

1984 vintage CZ 75, a real pain to get in the country in those days.
http://i52.tinypic.com/f3ru43.jpg

The bulk of the rest of my CZ 75 collection.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dlkd9k.jpg

gopguy
August 15, 2012, 04:30 PM
Oops, one more. Today and yesterday, a SP-01 with pig sticker and a pre B.

http://i49.tinypic.com/kdvplv.jpg

Litlman
August 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
NOPE....

Walt Sherrill
August 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
Can you remember anything about the prices you paid or CZ-75s were going for during those "dark" years? We're having a lengthy discussion on this point elsewhere here on the forum. I bought a pristine CZ-75 in the mid-2000s for about $500, but the original owner (from whom I bought it) paid $900 in the early 80's.

SharpsDressedMan
August 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
I'm not going to say what I paid, although it was near to what Walt paid for his, and it was just last year. I believe a CZ75 short rail in this condition is now a $1500-$2000 pistol. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/matquig/DSC06114.jpg

Walt Sherrill
August 16, 2012, 07:45 PM
Great looking CZ!! That's what they're SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE!!

A few years back, CZ came out with a small run of RETRO CZ-75Bs. They looked like the pre-Bs, but were B models internally. That, to me, was the best of both worlds: better looks, no potential parts problems, and a new gun warranty. (The triggers weren't as good as pre-Bs, but could be tuned. They looked right, as the slide-stop, hammer and trigger guard were the old style.)

They don't seem to show up used, anywhere...

SharpsDressedMan
August 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
I didn't even know they existed! I just saw some pics on the CZ forum. CZ missed the boat by not offering a plain, non-anniversary short rail.

jbr
August 16, 2012, 09:58 PM
My Sp-01 is my favorite gun to shoot! Period. Very accurate, good trigger, easy to keep on target - lots of fun. Never had a problem with it. recoil is nearly absent

Tex4426
August 16, 2012, 09:59 PM
i had a retro 75 B and regrettably sold it but i got 500 bucks for it and thats what i paid minus the accessories i let him have..he was a new shooter looking for a easy to take apart gun and i figured i wanted the new sp-01 so i let it go..that was 4 months ago..i ended up buying my girlfriend an sr9c..dont get me wrong i love it..she loves it but i want my CZ back..i will be getting a new one but it may have to wait a few more months

Walt Sherrill
August 16, 2012, 10:03 PM
The "short rail" models don't really look all that different than the later ones. CZ apparently went to the longer-railed version after some issues with frames cracking. (They probably changed and improved the metallurgy, too, as time passed.)

CZ-75s (both the pre-Bs and Bs) have been in a slow but constant state of change. They've introduced a number of changes, and brought out a lot of different variants.

I've had a SIG P-210-6; it was a nice gun, and superbly accurate, but there were things about it I didn't like. (Low capacity, sharp edges, hard-to-use mag release, difficult to release safety, so-so sights.) I now have a SIG P226 X-Five that isn't pleasing me all that much.

My next big purchase will probably be one of the top-end CZs for IPSC, like the Tactical Sport, but I may have to sell the X-Five first.

Tex4426
August 16, 2012, 10:03 PM
the retro i sold

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/167677_1732840048546_5763387_n.jpg

SharpsDressedMan
August 16, 2012, 10:54 PM
The CZ frame cracking is discussed on the CZ forum, and has been attributed to the time frame when CZ farmed out some maufacturing to a Spanish firm (check this link: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=37&t=118808). The short rail would not appear to have any additional stress areas as a result of the shorter rails; that really isn't where the recoil stress would be delivered to the slide and frame. Thee are many guns out there with WAY less rail contact than a short rail CZ. Metallurgy and design probably have more to do with any stress than rail contact.

History.Doc
August 17, 2012, 12:13 AM
Got 6 plus the Kadet kit. 100% reliability with all of them- no regrets.

Elm Creek Smith
August 17, 2012, 01:17 AM
Can you remember anything about the prices you paid or CZ-75s were going for during those "dark" years? We're having a lengthy discussion on this point elsewhere here on the forum. I bought a pristine CZ-75 in the mid-2000s for about $500, but the original owner (from whom I bought it) paid $900 in the early 80's.

I paid about $275 for mine in the early '80s with three fifteen round magazines. Of course, that was at the Rod & Gun Club in Germany...

ECS

chris in va
September 9, 2012, 05:58 PM
I want to clarify something about all the CZ's I've owned. They all had 'issues' that needed resolving, from FTE issues to a launched firing pin and defective magazines. Despite all the various quirks, I still love every one of them once the secret was discovered. No regrets.

I had the opportunity to shoot a P01 today with a fiber optic sight and lighter hammer spring. Suddenly my Kahr K9 is looking a bit pale.

Kymasabe
September 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
I bought a Rami P a few years ago, hated it, sold it first chance I got.

However, had I bought a 75, I'd probably still have it as CZ-75's fit my hand well and point naturally for me.

Blackstone
September 10, 2012, 09:35 AM
Love my SP-01 Shadow, haven't held a finer gun in my hands. Now I just need to get the Kadet conversion kit so I don't empty my wallet firing 9mms all the time

Bohemus
September 10, 2012, 10:43 AM
AngryHan: Ive always thought that its illegal to own handguns (over .22) in UK. Iam glad its not true.
And .22 conversion doesnt help, you just shoot 2-3x more..

Anyway, Shadow is great pistol, Ive almost bought one few years ago when offered good price:-(

Blackstone
September 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
That's the case in Great Britain, but Northern Ireland (still part of the UK) allows handguns. You can't even have .22 pistols in Great Britain, unless you're one of the few top Olympic shooters or have some other very very good reason (humane dispatch etc...)

Bohemus
September 10, 2012, 12:43 PM
You are right, Ive read that Northern Ireland (and Isle of Man) has better gun laws, independent on GB. Can you ccw legally?

The Lone Haranguer
September 10, 2012, 01:13 PM
I have a 75D Compact (PCR) and am very pleased with it. I also had one of their .22 bolt action rifles. I had to sell the rifle to make rent in 2010, but not for a moment do I regret the purchase of it. I would like one day to obtain a 75BD as a "big brother" to the PCR. So my answer would be no.

Blackstone
September 10, 2012, 01:30 PM
You are right, Ive read that Northern Ireland (and Isle of Man) has better gun laws, independent on GB. Can you ccw legally?
There are PPW (Personal protection weapon) licences issued to people whose line of work puts them in danger (ie. prison guards, soldiers who aren't on active duty) because of the historic security situation. All policemen are armed (different to Great Britain) and they can carry them whilst off-duty. PPWs are also issued to people who have received a specific threat. So unfortunately, for most of us civilians, we can only use them for target shooting.

leadcounsel
September 12, 2012, 12:58 AM
Have several, excellent handguns and no regrets.

CZ75, CZ75 Compact, CZP01, CZ Phantom, CZ83, CZ85

chriske
September 13, 2012, 07:59 AM
I went through a good deal of different 9mm's over the years, well-known & widespread types as well as oddities like Lahti's et al.
I presently own what IMHO are 3 of the very best 9mm's ever : one FN-built Browning HP (Belgian of course), one SIG P-210 and... one CZ 75.
None of them ever failed me.

sothoth
September 20, 2012, 01:05 AM
When I hold my 75B, I feel like I'm holding a slice of heaven in my hand.

When I first got it, I had some FTF issues with SOME types of ammo (not all), which it turns out was a design problem with the reduced capacity California 10-round magazines. CZ sent me some brand new mags and the problems went away. So it wasn't the gun.

Haven't had a FTF since then.

I shoot outstanding groups with my CZ. It's on par with (or slightly better than) my 1911 that cost MUCH MORE than the CZ.

Obviously rent one to see if you like it, if it fits YOUR hand, if YOU shoot it well. But if you like it 50% as much as I like mine, you won't be sorry you bought it. I trust that gun more than any other I own. You can't beat the price either.

Sam Cade
September 20, 2012, 01:22 AM
Before anyone snickers about a rigged game, riddle me this - how many US military units use US made pistols? ;)

All of them, pretty much. The production facility for the M9 is in Maryland isn't it? Something like half a million new pistols on order, all to be domestically produced.

LawScholar
September 20, 2012, 02:54 AM
All of them, pretty much. The production facility for the M9 is in Maryland isn't it? Something like half a million new pistols on order, all to be domestically produced.

Yup. Accokeek. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone Regret A CZ Pistol Purchase?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!