Rail for H&R Pardner Pump?

PDA

Motodeficient
August 7, 2012, 04:44 PM
Looking to add a rail to my Pardner Pump 12g. Anyone know of one that works? I read a few posts that said the Weaver has one that will work. Than there are other posts that said they tried one but it didn't work. Anyone tried this one?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-top-mount-hr-pardner-pump-optics-mounting-base.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Rail for H&R Pardner Pump?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hunterdad
August 7, 2012, 05:13 PM
Weaver mount 82 will work.

Motodeficient
August 8, 2012, 02:39 PM
I see that it will work, but not too well.

Here are a couple of reviews of it mounted on the pardner pump

Do not buy this (Weaver 82) if you have a Pardner Pump 12 gauge home defense shotgun. It does not fit. This mount hung about 1" over the trigger housing and the screws did not fit, they were too short. Other than that this is a good product. It just caught me off guard when they said standard on the weaver packaging for New England Firearms.

Weaver #82 rail scope mount = YES and NO. The holes match but you will need longer screws - found some that are long enough with allen wrench style heads in with a Millett mount (not the saddle mentioned above) that work. Note that the Weaver rail will extend over the receiver towards the barrel. I didn't like the look, so I went with the Saddle style. Also Weaver is not "picatinny" style and only has three slots which puts a Red Dot scope too far forward.

I have been looking at maybe the Millet saddle mount rail. The above reviewer said it works really nicely on the Pardner pump. Now if I can just find on in stock for a good price somewhere. Seems to be a fairly rare item. Opticsplanet lists it but says it won't ship for 20-30 days.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rail for H&R Pardner Pump?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!