Kudos to Beretta for designing

PDA

WRGADog
August 8, 2012, 08:46 PM
Sights on the Nano that don't require a sight pusher or a gunsmith to replace. I installed a set of Trijicons on My Nano today with no problem whatsoever. The factory sights came off with no problem using the allen wrench that came with the Trijicons. The new Trijicons fit perfectly, and all that was required was to tighten the hex screws on the new sights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kudos to Beretta for designing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NG VI
August 8, 2012, 09:46 PM
I really love simple, do it yourself maintenance, I feel it's a testament to how competent the designer was, and how much they invested in making their product fully accessible to their customers.

Sight changes were always something I dreaded, something I never screwed around with, just because I didn't trust that I could get it right and I always liked to stretch the ranges with pistols. One of those things I could probably have done with no trouble, but never did.

CPshooter
August 9, 2012, 09:27 PM
It's too bad they didn't do as good of a job on the trigger. I held a Nano for the first time the other day and was not impressed at all by the trigger. While it does stack a bit before breaking like a Glock or XD, it starts out much heavier and stays pretty heavy through the entire pull. It was also a bit gritty. I just can't imagine being able to shoot it accurately with such a short sight radius AND a tougher trigger pull. Otherwise, it seemed like a nicely built gun. I still think I'm going to wait for the XDs to come out in 9mm.

Kubrick
August 10, 2012, 10:40 AM
I just can't imagine being able to shoot it accurately with such a short sight radius AND a tougher trigger pull. Otherwise, it seemed like a nicely built gun. I still think I'm going to wait for the XDs to come out in 9mm.

I took my new nano to the range yesterday and managed to group the first 2 about 1 1/2" above the bullseye at 50 feet. And I would consider myself and average marksman. It felt like most other striker fired triggers, and shoots very nice for a sub compact 9. It does not appear to like steel cased ammo since I had a couple of feed issues with some CCI 124g FMJs

exdetsgt
August 29, 2012, 02:34 AM
I have a Nano and it functions without a hiccup. As Kubrick said, it feels like most striker fired semi auto triggers. As I carry a G19 for duty, the difference in the trigger experience between the two seems negligible. I think Beretta has entered the pocket pistol category with a serious contender.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kudos to Beretta for designing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!