Norinco JW-103

PDA

bigsplash1
February 24, 2004, 11:12 PM
Has anyone used this rifle? It is in 7.62x39.

If you enjoyed reading about "Norinco JW-103" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gmoz
June 29, 2006, 12:35 AM
I own a norinco Jw-103 and I am very impressed with it. Considering it is not a long distance gun I would have no problem shoting 150-200 yards. The grouping is quite consistant but it all depends on which ammo you use in it.

gmoz
June 29, 2006, 12:40 AM
Does anyone know anyone that has this caliber gun. I have one but the stock is finish (broken when purchased) It's a great gun but I can't find a stock anywere. Anyone have an idea where to look?

mp510
June 29, 2006, 01:19 AM
gmoz, contact Ruger. They are very good on warranty work, and supplying parts. If it isn't under warranty, I bet they would be willing to sell you one:)
Also check out Gun Parts Corp. out of New York.

rbernie
June 29, 2006, 11:03 AM
Has anyone used this rifle? It is in 7.62x39.Us'n 'Murricans can't get new Norincos, by oh-fish-i-al proclamation of our Federal government.

As I've heard the story - seems the Chinese pissed off a few folks in Washington, DC back in the early '90's by trying to sneak a buttload of FA capable AKs into the country under the guise of post-'86 legal semiauto imports. In response, our .gov decided that Norinco weapon imports were no longer welcome.

So - you'se guys in the Great White North get to play with Norinco bolties and M14 clones that we can't have.

Surplussoldier
June 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
Check www.canadiangunnutz.com
I've heard mixed reviews of the rifle. After some home bedding people have gotten decent accuracy (2 MOA, maybe 1 or so with handloads). But it's a bit crude. Most Canadians just buy SKSs (Yugo or Chinese) for the price, or VZ58 rifles (less expensive than Mini-30).

If you enjoyed reading about "Norinco JW-103" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!